GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Programmers for 07 silverado

I'm Zach I have a 2007 silverado with 4.8L and wanting to get a programmer for the truck. I am currently looking at a bullydog but wondering if its the best one and if there are better ones

Ok cool thanks do you know what type of diablos they are using?

I am sorry I do not know. @SurrealOne has one, maybe he will jump in here and let us know. I know that Diablo has the price locked on their tuners so you will get it for the same price everywhere. But, If you buy it from @06MonteSS he gives you a break on the custom tune price so you save some cash. I know that if I had the money to do it I would buy one in a heartbeat.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Gotcha do you know where the guys shop is at because I live down in cape may nj

I think that he does it all through email. He sends you the programmer, you install it and log data, email it to him, he makes changes, sends it back to you, you reinstall and log more data, he will keep doing it until it is perfect, usually 3 or 4 times I think.

I run a diablo intune. I think that's what surreal runs. The vendor on here is helpful. I'm getting ready to do a custom tune for my truck through him using my diablo intune. Great programmer btw!!

Since the InTune wasn't released when I bought my handheld tuner, I have the older DiabloSport Predator. On the plus side, it's built like a tank compared to the InTune (i.e. the kind of device you can throw into a toolbox full of sockets and wrenches and maybe even hammers and not care). On the minus side, it's friggen gigantic and it's also end of life -- the InTune is its replacement.

I haven't upgraded because there's no good reason to do so. Once support for the Predator ends I'll be forced to upgrade.

As for how it's done -- yes, it's all via email. I'm highly technical so I had no issue with this. However, I know many people aren't so it's worth mentioning that Lew (i.e. Diablew aka @06MonteSS on this site) has worked with people of all calibers of technical expertise ... from non-technical to eggheads like me.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    I haven't upgraded because there's no good reason to do so.
    sure there is - tcm/tranny support!!

and yeah, predator's were discontinued about 9 months ago, so they're done... anyone looking to get a diablo programmer will want to get the inTune or Trinity...

the diablo tools have more features than others, the most end-user adjustability of any handhelds, complete/full datalogging support (more parameters than others), PLUS you can get custom tuning done for them/your vehicle - which you can not with the others - you are stuck with whatever tunes they give you on it.

and as mentioned, I sell them and also offer package deals for them that includes my custom tuning at a reduced cost so you save $$. here's info:

inTune: http://intune.diablewtune.com

Trinity: http://trinity.diablewtune.com

as for the difference between the two... I actually have both the inTune and Trinity for my car... engine/tranny tune wise, the tunes are the same. and of course, my custom tune would be the same as well... the trinity has a few more features, including a performance monitor for 0-60, 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile times, etc... bigger color touch screen... graphic gauges for monitoring data... and I like the Trinity better for data logging - the logging is better, and since it has a windshield mount (like a gps), a bigger, color screen, so it's easier to go through while it's mounted... you can watch/view the data without having to hold it, since it's mounted to the windshield... there's also an available gauge pod mount adapter for it, so if you have a gauge pod like on your a-pillar, you could mount it right in there with the pod mount... the inTune does not have a mount, so you have to hold it or put it on the seat next to you - kind of defeats the purpose if you want to watch some data while recording it - you'd have to hold on to it and hold it up in front of your face while driving haha, it's a little harder to figure out and find where the parameters are to log and select/deselect, etc... the Trinity will also get an update in the future that will allow you tune more than one vehicle at a time with it... again, these are MY personal preferences... other people like the smaller intune better (it's the size of a credit card), and having to hold it or lay it on the seat may be no big deal to them... but for me, for my own personal preferences, I like the Trinity better...

So really, it's up to you which one you'd want... if you don't want/need the extra features/bell-n-whistles, then you can go with the inTune - and it's less expensive...

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpms, etc... and sometimes, maybe even a little better gas mileage - if you can keep your foot out of it! hahaha...

as far as gains go... absolute hp/tq gains are hard to predict... every vehicle is different... even if they're the same and have similar mods... location/weather, fuel used, elevation/altitude, etc etc all play a role... the same holds true for mileage gains - those variables, plus driving habits/style, how much highway vs city driving, etc all make a difference.... you could gain no mpg increase, or you could gain up to about 3 mpg increase... tough to say due to the variables in play...

with the custom tune, I CAN tell you that you will definitely have a very noticable performance difference/gain over and above the canned preset diablo tunes...

I have gained people anywhere from 15-39hp, and 12-23lb. ft. torque...and 0 to 3 mpg - above and beyond what the preset canned tunes give you... again, obviously mods, fuel used, etc all played a role in who gained what...

if you have any questions, please feel free to hit me up! ;)

Thanks!
    -Lew
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake