GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Gas at 22 CENTS a gallon

Hey everyone,

So I can't help but share this with you all.

The Mobil Station down the road just started doing a rewards program about two months ago where you earn money off of gas with every purchase inside the store (excluding lottery, alcohol, and gas). For every $20 you spend you earn $0.05 off a gallon, then they also do promos like buy any slim jim and earn $0.03 off a gallon. Anyways I have been racking up my savings like crazy just buying things I would normally purchase, although I have been buying in larger quantities and making less trips to the store.

Next time I am going for free gas! (if I waited I would of had free two days later )...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0609.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	45880

On a side note it was really strange watching the gallons move so fast and the money so slowly.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

thats awsome! I wish stations around here would do that kind of thing. gas on post is 3.16, so im not complaining to much, it can keep going down.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

That is awesome! We have some grocery stores that will let you earn up to $2 off per gallon. But, you have to spend $2000 in one month to get that. My parents add points to the card and I do also. But, we have never gotten above $1500 in a month which is $1.50 off. I did start buying gift cards at the store for things that I know I am going to buy anyway. For example we were redoing a room for my youngest son, we knew we would be going to Home depot often, So I bought the homedepot gift cards from the grocery store to add some fuel points to the card. That was the month we hit $1500

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

22 cents per gallons is awesome! But business don't do those promos to lose money. I am thinking the up charge on the products inside the store makes up for the cheaper gas. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

They exclude the only things I buy at gas stations, so it'd be moot for me. :(

Chrome and Surreal hit the nail on the head.

I like my grocery store perks. Always 3 cents off a gallon, if you are a card holder, and if you buy at least $100 of groceries in a month, then you get 10 cents off a gallon. Every now and then you'll get 20, 30 and even 40 cents off a gallon. Last time I filled up I got 20 cents off. It was nice filling up for $2.98/gal.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeSilver02 View Post
    22 cents per gallons is awesome! But business don't do those promos to lose money. I am thinking the up charge on the products inside the store makes up for the cheaper gas. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer

Late response but, I agree they don't do this to lose money for sure. I buy my cigarettes at this station. (i know smoking is bad and I would save more if I just quit) Every time I buy a carton I earn 70 cents off a gallon. I do pay about 10 cents more a pack at this store. So I spend an extra dollar per carton and save $14 when I fill up. So all in all not a bad deal.

I'd be happy with your regular price of gas, $2.19?? The cheapest it's been here in northern Ohio is $3.59, I use 93 octane and it's $3.99..

http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z477/noell1947/pbr%20time/
    2004 Chevy Colorado 2wd/4l60e/3.5 Inline 5
    6-PIAA 520 series yellow ion spot lights 85 watts each
    PIAA quattro fog lights w/extreme white/yellow ion bulbs
    Anzo projector headlights/LED turn signals
    LED underbodys 7-color/LED interior lighting
    JET stage 2 performance chip/Magnaflow exhaust S/S
    Recon Big Rig Lights/LED tail lights/3rd brake light
    Putco LED bed lights/BEDRUG
    Goodmark 2" rise Cowl hood/K&N fipk intake
    98-04' Blazer overhead console & floor console
    40/60/40 seat modified to 40/console/40
    33" Cooper Discovery A/T
    16" Pro Comp extreme alloy wheels

Quote Originally Posted by seffieldvillage@aol.com View Post
    I'd be happy with your regular price of gas, $2.19?? The cheapest it's been here in northern Ohio is $3.59, I use 93 octane and it's $3.99..

The normal price of gas was $3.79 at the time. The price in the picture is showing $0.219. It's that 9/10 of a penny that makes it look like $2.19

I wish gas was that low though. It has been dropping lately so I'm happy.