GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Funny that any search I've done produces plenty of 3100s but not one single 3200 anywhere.

Got word back that the owner wants $11,500 for the truck and an extra $4000 for the shop manual. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by edkemper View Post
    Funny that any search I've done produces plenty of 3100s but not one single 3200 anywhere.
    The 3200 is the long bed (wheelbase) version of the 3100, probably pretty rare.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

I will second the recommendation to list it in Hemmings Motor News if you sell it. I have subscribed for so many years, I can't remember how long.

I also agree that something as unique and old as that truck should be restored to its original condition, unmodified.

In that condition, it's not worth more than $5,000, and that is being very generous. I would offer him $3500 and try to negotiate a lower price and see how far down he will go. If you bring 5 grand cash and show it to him at some point in the discussion, it may help.

Tell him you know a good psychiatrist who can treat his delusional thinking on that shop manual. Maybe a big shot of Thorazine will help.
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

Just so you get a clear picture, this is a friend that has parked this truck in sis's yard for the last 25 years. Now she's retired and not interested in doing the work at this point in her life. But she does believe it's worth far more than 4 digits. At this point, sis would be okay if it was hauled off to the wrecking yard.

The owner has been advised about Hemmings. We'll have to wait and see.

If they think they are going to sell that truck for more than "four figures" then someone needs to tell them the only time it will be sold is at the estate sale of the owner after they are dead. And I assure you it won't go for more than four figures at an estate sale either.

Lots of reasons why, but the overall condition is too poor. I could quote you numbers for the cost estimate to restore that truck and canopy, but suffice it to say it would cost way more than what you could recover from it on a sale. And to find some of the trim and interior parts to replace what has deteriorated could take years of searching through swap meets nation wide.
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

Heater,

I'm with you. I've spent all the time I'm going to donate to try to help the owner. Now it's up to her.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12