GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Beware: Third Seat Thieves

Talked to a police officer, evidently third seats are the hot ticket for quick money. They are one of the 1st things to wear out in a SUV. Take them out, put them back in. Wears them out and they cost a pile of money to replace. Not anymore, you can buy them cheap now. Thieves found a market for them and people in my area are getting theirs stolen. I keep an eye out now and my Suburban locked. I try to not have the seat in if I can help it.
    2003 Suburban 2500 LT, 6.0l Volant cai. 3.73 gear. Mobil 1 syn oil

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

It was in the news last week.. A new seat can cost up to $2000 - 3500 While a used one 500-1500...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

People just need to hook their third row seats up to a 120v outlet that thieves are prone to missing ... so that it discharges when touched by the would-be thieves.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I've got some ARMED Guards for my 3rd seat.....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1628resize.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	45903
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Don't think I can afford an alarm system like that! Pretty though!