GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Black Friday deals, are you in?

I was wondering if anyone here does the early morning black friday shopping. I did it the last 2 years. The first year I went to a home supply store and bought a cheap screw driver set and a few LED flash lights really cheap. Last year I scored a 10" android tablet from another home construction supply store for $45 along with a quarts heater for 75% off. Last year a store had a big gun safe for around 75% off. I did not buy one, but it was pretty funny watching people try to load it into there cars trucks. four guys lifting one guy guiding. This year I have not really seen anything that I am interested in other then a stainless steel wet dry shop vac for $19. But, I am not going to go freeze my rear off at 4:00 am to save $20. So, are any of you planning to get out there first thing friday morning? If so what are you trying to purchase?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

This year, same as every year, I'm hitting up my local Sears. This will be my second year of being there for the opening at 4am. On the list this year is an 11-drawer 26" wide Craftsman toolbox, a 26 piece set of combination wrenches, one each for metric and standard, and a replacement set of Torx bits for my ratchets to replace my existing set that has a couple bits with broken edges. Last year there were some other pretty good deals that weren't listed in the ads, so I'll browse the store after snatching up my planned goodies. The torque wrenches I scored last year fell under that category of things not listed in the ad.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

I might be at my mother in laws that morning. I think that there is a sears hardware a mile away from her. I might have to check it out. Last year I went into Menard's with the plan to buy a heater and android tablet, I walked out 2 hours later and with a bill of over $300. I scored a bunch of stuff that I had forgotten that I needed/wanted. I have checked the ads this year and just don't see anything that excites me enough to go anywhere

Not really...... because:

• Snap-On, Mac, Cornwall, etc do not do black friday deals
    • Rigid Industries does not do regular black friday deals at local stores on their LED lights
    • Amazon has better pricing on Samsung 8000 series TV's, CD's Blue Ray movies, and replacement delco parts (Dealer is not going to participate in black friday unless you are buying a new or used car......
    • Onkyo Integra, McIntosh, Marranz home theater receivers do not go on sale at the specialty audiophile shops.(unless the model year is changing)
    • We already get a great deal on RMAS through the club

I get to stay in at the house and not spend gas, sleep, work on stuff and not deal with the crazies at the stores and on the road.....

I really dont either. I just dont really like a big crowds.
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon

i might do a little looking online, but thats it, not going out and dealing with that insanity.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

I was in the market for a tool chest and Sears' Black Friday stuff started yesterday at 5pm for 'Shop Your Way' members. I saw one I liked -- a doorbuster that was 54% off the regular price -- so I signed up for the 'Shop Your Way' stuff, printed out the coupon, and picked up the 3-pc tool chest at 10am this morning. (It's just like my dad's which he has had for 34 years ... and it's still going strong, so I figured it'll last.)

Interestingly it was one of 5 complete (3-piece) units in the store -- showing just how few doorbusters a given location tends to have. There were no lines. There was no wait. There were no frantic people. It was just another day at the mall and I was pleased Sears elected to do its Black Friday stuff this early with little fanfare.

I did not realize that they did that. I am a rewards member with them also.

Yup. They always have some good deals on tools around Black Friday. Check them out... and buy early where you can.

I just checked it out. Wow, $20 for a set of impact sockets is a darn good price.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by