GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    I believe I said "it appears to be a problem". I'm not looking for an argument, you however appear (using your 1st post on this thread as reference) to have a little bit of an attitude with this product, or the supplier. GM's programming forces V4 back to V8 with very little load difference we need to ask why. Is it because load, even a small load, causes heat, and is GM worried about too much heat if the engine stays in V4.

Again, I'm not looking for a debate, my apologies to the OP.
    My only problem with the OP (and the product) is that I have replied to *two* separate posts on the matter in the last 10 days, and haven't received any reply whatsoever. Not even an automated 'thanks for your interest' canned reply. That said, I have no technical issues with the product itself; and am interested in trying one to see how it works.

Nor am I looking for an argument. *You* stated that *you* have concerns about uneven heating, and having that exacerbated by staying in V4 mode longer. I simply replied saying I don't think it's a real concern. You then replied stating it is, though also stated that there is a lot of speculation on it. Either it's a real concern, or there's simply a lot of speculation. I just want the facts, as I'm sure anyone else would who was interested in knowing about such concerns, and how it would relate to this product.

GM's choice of programming for when to switch to V4 and how long to stay there is mostly the bare minimum to meet the CAFE standards.

I'd be running a little attitude as well. Needless to say, that is not the customer Service you want when buying something that is "one-of-a-kind"
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

So back to the original question. When should one expect to see some sort of reply after having sent a PM and/or e-mail?

I also have sent a PM on this product called the "Range" I did receive a PM back but nothing to get any contact info ect. I am interested in trying this product out as I feel that I would benefit some with having the AFM stay in just a little bit longer provided that there are no issues. I think that the tuner companies should look into this making it a user adjustable variable if there is no danger in changing the time it stays in V4. With myself having 35" tires I only see the v4 mode advantage at 30-40mph.

- - - Updated - - -

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Actually, it appears to be a real problem. A lot of speculation that the uneven heating/cooling is contributing to the higher than normal oil consumption in these engines.
    I had a 2008 5.3L Silverado with 75K when I sold it, I never added oil to it.

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    I had a 2008 5.3L Silverado with 75K when I sold it, I never added oil to it.
    I've got about 77k on my '09, it's down at change time, but so far I haven't had to add any.
    Ray

'05 Envoy XL (sold)

I've got about 77k on my '09, it's down at change time, but so far I haven't had to add any.
    All engines will use a little bit of oil between changes. 1/4 to 1/2 qt every 5K miles is considered normal.

Oh I know, not worried about it. The old Envoy used some, they all seem to.
    Ray

'05 Envoy XL (sold)

Any news on this?

Does disabling AFM actually fix the oil consumption problem? If yes, there are a bunch of after market tuners (Hypertech, Diablo) that will let you disable AFM.

When I had my old 2008 Silverado it used to use about 1/2 to 1 qt every 6K miles with AFM functioning. I only have 1600 miles on my 2013, but time will tell.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast