GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: 4.3

Default 4.3

i know its a 6cyl but anyone have the 4.3 in there truck this is my 3rd gm with it but never did any upgrades but would like some ideas of what i can do to it once it is out of warrenty

Dan

2006 GMC 1500 Long Bed Vortec 4.3
    1982 S-10 Prodject Street/Track with a 327/300hp Motor built up to 415 hp

The truck I bought for my son to drive to work ('89 Chevy) has the 4.3L and has over 300,000 miles. It is still running, but it in need of some attention. As it is a work truck, he has not done much, but reg. oil and filter changes and putting gas in it. It still runs pretty strong though.

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

What do you want it to be good at? towing? or racing? or gas milage? Is there anything that will be replaced soon, ie. tires, water pump, fuel inj. , ? and Welcome to the site.
    Jay :happy: Waxhaw, N.C.
    70 Chevy C-10 Stepside from 86 lowered 2" front 3" back, 383ci/350hp. elec. seats,functioning cowl, wood bed, hidden hitch, hidden tach, long headers, duel 3" exhaust. perform int., semi-aggressive cam (no specs.)
    69 Chevy C-10 Fleetside 350 ci 3spd. mild cam, 270hp,stock.duel 2.5" exhaust. Lowered 2" made own blocks

89 Ski Marlin Boat 350 ci:party: pulling machine. 7 skiiers.

as it being that the truck only has 22,000 miles nothing needs to be replaced but i would like to get the best out of it..my olds bravada i had when i sold it had almost 400,000 miles on it and it is still going...im just looking for ideas of what i can do to it to get the most out of it thats all

2006 GMC 1500 Long Bed Vortec 4.3
    1982 S-10 Prodject Street/Track with a 327/300hp Motor built up to 415 hp

yeah you can put cold a air intake on it or dual exhaust it should free up some horsepower
    Matt

Maryland
    2003 Chevy Silverado Z-71 extended cab 5.3

I have the 4.3L V6 and I have been told that to beef up the engine, I should do: a cold air intake, performance tune, and exhaust system. Anything after that (like headers ect.) wouldn't be worth it because of little HP gain, and lots of money spent. Those three things will get you going fast. I would consider a Supercharger/ Turbo if you want speed, but then again it's a V6 so it's really pushing it. Good luck, if you get a air intake, please post the results, I am seriously considering buying one!

2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 2WD EXT Cab
    4.3L V6 Vortec, K&N Drop-In, Flowmaster Super 44,
    3" Exhaust tip, 22" Boss #331 Rims, Clifford 50.5x Alarm,
    Escalade Gauges, DJM Leveling Kit, Billet grill, All JL Audio Speakers,
    300XD MTX amp, Two 10" Alpine SWE-1042 subs

-Check out my photo album!