GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Back up lights

Default Back up lights

I'd like to upgrade my back up lights mostly for plowing. Has anyone tried the LED replacement bulbs? Do they actually give that much more light? Thanks

Well idk about led backup lights but conlan http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/mem...#axzz2D0ZujLEb. This is his profile link, he has a 55 Watt backup light he got from amazon for about 10 bucks, just Private Message him and he will tell you how bright it is. Also i believe that it would be a great back up light for a plow if you are plowing at night.
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon

At some point in the future I plan on putting a pair of Rigid Dually D2's in the back with the diffusers

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I have the WhiteKnight system on my Hitch Bright and has a 80% path and a 3 way switch So you goes on in reverse ot a toggle switch in back..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1523.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	46183Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9061.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	46184
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

This is my light in back that @1953bowtieguy is talking about.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-04_21-13-38_932.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	46186Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3080088.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	46187

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

The only thing you might consider is that LED run cool. Shouldn't be an issue with back-up lights, since they're not on long enough to heat the plastic anyway. The value of a warmer light in the winter is that snow doesn't stick to them. The local highway department got a whole bunch of equipment that runs LED's, and they HATE them. During snow storms, the lights quickly get covered and stay that way. Safety becomes an issue. incandescent may run a bit more energy, and last a lot less, but they don't have snow clog issues, for the most part!
    2006 Vortec Max 1500
    Performance:
    -Custom Tune (389HP 440 Ft/lbs Trq - Dyno'd) | Volant CAI | Magnaflow Dual-in/out Exhaust w/3" stainless pipe tips | Fully Built Transmission w/ Red Eagle Clutches & Kolene Steels w/ Corvette Servos and Stage2 Shift Kit | 35K Tranny Cooler | Mobil 1 | Royal Purple Rear Diff
    Other:
    -Spray-in Bed Liner
    -Premium Sound w/lifetime Satellite Radio | Leather | Sunroof | Heated Seats
    -Limbstriping from USING the truck (those are badges of honor)

Legend

I never thought of that factor . good that you mentioned this for us in snow country/plow operations.