GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default p1870 transmission problem 2000 silverado 4x4

i have a 2000 silverado and tested it p1870 came up i know its a common problem. only thing i've noticed is shifting from 1st to 2nd is a little harsh but nothing horrible and sometimes it doesnt do it. when i step on the gas from a stop i don't feel it really at all. i checked the fluid seems good. so i was wondering if replacing the 1-2 transmission solenoid would fix this problem or would i have to replace valve body or something else. any help would be greatly appreciated thank you very much

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rosaaen89 View Post
    i have a 2000 silverado and tested it p1870 came up i know its a common problem. only thing i've noticed is shifting from 1st to 2nd is a little harsh but nothing horrible and sometimes it doesnt do it. when i step on the gas from a stop i don't feel it really at all. i checked the fluid seems good. so i was wondering if replacing the 1-2 transmission solenoid would fix this problem or would i have to replace valve body or something else. any help would be greatly appreciated thank you very much

Hey. I realize this is a pretty old thread at this point, but I was wondering if you resolved this problem? I have the same truck with the same issue. I was driving back from visiting family for the holidays and my truck shifted hard from first to second and the check engine light came on. I stopped by an auto parts store and had the code read... P1870. On a whim and out of a process of elimination for what I could work on in the parking lot I replaced the PCV valve. The truck started shifting smooth as could be. I had another 100 miles or so until I was home and never had another problem. I reset the check engine light, so we'll see if it comes back on.

Hope your truck is running smooth now!