GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Black Out Friday (Lots of Pics)

So I was fortunate to have yesterday off. I decided to do some more work on deleting the chrome from my truck and wanted to share some photos.

I will be peeling and respraying the front bumper today. It is a bit more textured than the other parts due to the can of dip being too cold when I painted, also there is a spot that pulled a bit when removing the tape for the first time.

Also on my black out to do list- Plasti dip rims, sand and paint door handles flat black, spray tint 3rd brake light, re coat tail lights with spray tint (only a coat or two to smoke), smoke headlights with spray tint (again lightly so the red still shows through and so I am not bothered by the local cops), dye plastics black with the bondo restore black kit (lower valence, rear bumper plastics, tailgate protector plastic, maybe bed liner rails).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0646.jpg   IMAG0647.jpg   IMAG0648.jpg   IMAG0649.jpg   IMAG0650.jpg  

IMAG0651.jpg   IMAG0653.jpg   IMAG0654.jpg   IMAG0655.jpg   IMAG0656.jpg  

IMAG0657.jpg   IMAG0658.jpg   IMAG0659.jpg  
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

She's looking good noodles.
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon

Looks beautiful keep up the good work.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

The paper and taped look is one I know well. The cardboard, however, is cracking me up! The end results are looking good. Bummer you had to re-spray the bumper...

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    The paper and taped look is one I know well. The cardboard, however, is cracking me up! The end results are looking good. Bummer you had to re-spray the bumper...

Yea, didn't have much for paper, but I have tons of cardboard. Haha

Yea pretty disappointed when I noticed the bumper. Live and learn I guess.

I like the work Noodles But I think painting the grille and back bumper black the truck looks more like a work truck IMO
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

i like it, black and chrome is over done, the red and black is a nice switch.

good job dude.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Looks good and at least it's easy to peel off I just rid did my rims and rear bumper last week. Doesn't look like a work truck neither
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Thanks everyone! I'm digging it so far. Was too windy outside to paint so the front bumper is on hold for now.

I actually use the truck for work 5-6 days a week and am planning on adding a black headache rack at some point in the future. I don't really want to put a full rack on because the last one I had ended up making a mess of my old truck when it began to rust. I have thought about getting the system 1 racks which won't rust, but have a hard time justifying spending the money when the headache rack will look better and function just as well. I plan using the rack for loading equipment and as a place to tie off loads. (so I don't have to do this again...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0465.jpg