GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2006 Colorado Fog/Driving Lights

Need help!!!

I have a 2006 COlorado Crew cab 4 cyl.

My truck did not come with the fog lights installed, but it appears as though all of the electrical is in place up to the fuse block under the hood. The fuse is there, and the switch is in the light switch cluster.
    My question is...Is there a seperate wiring harness for the fog lights that connects to the fuse block? If not...where does the power come from? Is it part of the headlight harness? Can I replace this harness to include the fog light connectors?

I have not been able to find a harness for either the fog lights or headlamps anywhere on the web that would answer this question.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

I have some potentially bad news.... If your truck is like my Saturn ION, the fog lights are controlled through the computer, so the switch in the dash is just a momentary switch to tell the computer when to turn the fog lights on. Since your truck was not originally equipped with fog lights, that part of the promgramming for the computer is missing so you won't be able to use all the factory parts and methods to turn them on and off. This is just a guess/gamble on my part, but knowing how they like to computerize everything nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised....
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

you may want to check with the dealer as in my case 2006 sierra wt 1500 the wireing was there all i had to do was buy the lights and the switch and all worked fine....

2006 GMC 1500 Long Bed Vortec 4.3
    1982 S-10 Prodject Street/Track with a 327/300hp Motor built up to 415 hp

Thanks for the help...as good or bad as it may be!

I'll let you all know what the dealer says! Kind of aprehensive to ask now. Really don't want to add a switch onto an already perfeectly laid out dash!

I put fog lights on our 06 Silverado and the hardest part was trying to find the right hole to put the terminal into the fuse box under the hood. It isn't hard and the dealer had to do nothing to make them work
    chevy truck parts