GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default my damn tailight not working

ive been having problems off and on on replacing a tail light bulb once every few months on my 95 gmc sierra, recently i lost my entire right tail light assembly (the whole thing) dont know if it was jacked or just fell off. so i have brand new bulbs and a brand new circuit board put it all together and the turn signal doesnt work everything else works just fine just get that really annoying clicking when a signal a right turn. i have the correct bulbs tried both of them in the package, new circuit board as well. i cant find any fuses under my dash just the big block type, i checked the relay box under my hood and looked at the diagram and i didnt see anything related to turns signals. anyone have this problem before or have any idea what i should do? thank you.

Do you have factory lights? Also did you replace the circuit board with an AC Delco replacement or another brand.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

no i just got a american made replacement circuit board from o reillys and yes they are factory lights

Ok if you have a multi meter use it to check the board as you use each function checking for proper volts also check the harness it is attached to.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

so i know my left light works but my right one (the new one isnt) so i swapped the right to the left side and the turn signal worked fine so i know its not my new circuit board but when i put the left one (which was working okay before) on the right side it wasnt working either, my fuses look fine but i dont have a multi meter anything else i could check?

Conlan is giving you some good advise, but he seems to be missing in action, haha, so I'll pitch hit (even though it's Grey Cup game time in Canada).

You say one day the complete tail-light assembly was missing, could the wire for the signal light be broken because of the strain from the assembly falling out?

Check the connector, look for a loose wire, a bent pin, etc.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)