GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

i would really love the chevy avalanche, but it would have to be the 8,1 engine. looks like there are no 2500 models made with other engines.

back to the yukon xl, here is a link to the swedish site: http://www.blocket.se/stockholm/Subu....htm?ca=11&w=3

the third row seat is removed and that safety net is installed because of the regulations.. and that ridicolous rear bumber too

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Looks very nice and clean.. I did know someone selling a clean 2500 Avalanche But I think he is keeping it now.. There are some for sale around here Not sure about shipping them over..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

can't believe this, i really bought tickets to the ferry etc so i can buy the car and bring it home

Mr Enkeiavalanche, it would be cool to import a car to finland from USA but there are some cons:

-shipping costs about 1500 euros and takes about two months
    -all necessary modification (euro-headlights, brakes, metallic gargo safety net etc etc) with paperwork may cost 2000euros
    - i heard that many of the sandy-flooded cars are moved across USA and auctioned without mentioning their past.

but i would love hear some advises. what i should check when i go to see the car?
    like i said, it has rolled 190k miles..

So are you not aloud to have a third row there? Can you move the net back and put the third row in? Essentially you have a 4 seat vehicle with an enclosed truck bed. I would check for the normal things, oil leaks, burnt smelling trans fluid. When you drive it, put in 4x4 and listen to the front end while driving straight. If it is really loud then there may be an issue there. The front differentials in these can have issues. I have seen some go bad at 100k miles and I have seen some that have 250k miles and never had an issue. I have an 05 yukon xl 1500 with 138,000 miles on it. I just replaced the front differential, alternator, tensioner and idler pullys, and power steering pump. But, that is because I can not stand any kind of belt noise

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    So are you not aloud to have a third row there? Can you move the net back and put the third row in? Essentially you have a 4 seat vehicle with an enclosed truck bed. I would check for the normal things, oil leaks, burnt smelling trans fluid. When you drive it, put in 4x4 and listen to the front end while driving straight. If it is really loud then there may be an issue there. The front differentials in these can have issues. I have seen some go bad at 100k miles and I have seen some that have 250k miles and never had an issue

yea i can move the net but i need a bigger gargo space...

does the 6,0 vortec have same kind of awful oil leak problems like the 6,5td?

I have a friend with a 6.0 in his 2500 silverado. he has 250,000 miles and no major oil leaks

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Mr Pikey i see that you have a 2005 yukon xl, could you share some good and bad experiences?

Looks like a nice suburban, i like the bull bar on the front. What you using it for?
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishTruck View Post
    Mr Pikey i see that you have a 2005 yukon xl, could you share some good and bad experiences?
    I have only had my 2005 yukon xl for about 5 months now. I had a 2003 yukon xl totaled before that. The 03 and 05 were good trucks for me. I learned a lot about them over then last year while replacing parts. For example if the truck has autoride(air ride) then it is very expensive to replace the shocks. Mine has "premium ride" ir turns out that when I replace the shocks I either have to put the same shocks on it ($300 each) or I can put different shocks on and replace the coil springs. But, you will not have that issue, I believe that the 2500 has leaf springs in the rear. I did replace or rebuild front differentials in both trucks at 130,000 miles. I also did alternators in both. It is not all that easy finding a new 160 amp Bosch alternator in stock near me. Other than that, I love the truck. Great amount of room for My Wife, My 2 kids, 2 large dogs, All our luggage for a week out of town, and Me. Fuel mileage is not all that bad. Considering that my wife's pontiac torrent with half the room only got 3 miles more a gallon. It tows out 3500 lb boat with no issue. Heck, when I do brick restoration I use the luggage rack as a ladder rack and load the back up with brick and bags of mortar.

1995 Silverado 4x4

2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by 1953bowtieguy View Post
    Looks like a nice suburban, i like the bull bar on the front. What you using it for?
    i am looking for a car for everyday use. i don't do towing or hauling, i just really like these cars...

I would really like a grille guard that guards the headlights too, it would look cool!

- - - Updated - - -

what kind of maintenance car should have? i mean, if it has rolled 190k miles, what kind of stuff should should have been replaced or checked out?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast