GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 90 silverado 350 v8 TBI idle problem

I have a 90 5.7 TBI automatic 2wd shortbed that has a idle problem when cold and also when you ride it hard and come to a stop it adles ruff and actaully makes the check gauge light come on because the oil psi gauge seems to be dipping low enuff from the ruff idle to set it off. I checked the codes and got a egr and tps code originally. i replaced the tps and egr and egr controller. the egr code went away but the TPS is still there and still have the idle problem. has anyone had a similar probel? im ready to take off all the wires to sensor and look for a wiring issue at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, so the EGR code went away, but the TPS code is still there? If so, there's some sort of calibration that's supposed to be done when installing a new one, and there's also a test to determine if the TPS is showing good. Both procedures should be located in your Haynes or Chilton manual.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

thanks. it does say that the TPS and TBI as one unit and i didnt do that or the tests they say to do.