GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Idk if that would help, but i guess before i got on here we had chat on GMTC. If we got that back that would probably bring back some old faces.?
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    I want to make a post to ask members if they have heard from members that have a lot of Posts then have not been on in a while.. It's good to make sure
    members are OK?

Like GMCErica

And Telorvche

Have not seen them in a while...

- - - Updated - - -

So??? No one hear from them?
    Erica is doing fine and probably will not be back due to strong differences of opinion with the management of this forum. Same for 4x4 Squared. Coach lost his job after the Ford they put him in died -- they elected not to replace it or the person who drove it.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Coach lost his job after the Ford they put him in died -- they elected not to replace it or the person who drove it.

Read more: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...#ixzz2DSPPPlkm

What happened there??
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

yeah I know things can get real busy. there are always a few people I wonder where they went. Stephan, Amy (answered above), Jimmie etc.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

It i sad to lose the old members. Guys like STB had a wealth of knowledge. Stephan was usually good for some entertainment. It sux that members like those as well as Erica didn't stick around.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Blog Entries

you never know, maybe some boring, long, cold winters' nights will bring them back.

Brian from Canada.

I miss Coaches posts/addendums/comments !!!!!!!!!!!
    Silverado Crew.....4.8 L

---Pendaliner BoxLiner and Side Rails....Van and Truck World
    ---Reese Adjustable Step Down Trailer Hitch....Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome eyebrow Mirror Covers.... Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome Bowtie 3rd Brake Light Cover....Van and Truck World
    ---DeeZee TailGate Assist ....Van and Truck World ( now Action Car and Truck Accessories )

---Westin Series side steps....Apple Auto Glass
    ---TRIFOLD rear soft Tonneau....Apple Auto Glass

---Chevrolet Bowtie Mudflaps...GM Dealer
    ---GM Rear Wheel Well liners...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Black Tow Hooks w Hloks
    ---GM Chrome Tailgate Handle/matching key-lock....GM Dealer
    ---GM Driver Information Center Upgrade...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Tinted Bug Deflector...GM Dealer
    ---GM Chrome Door Handles....GM Dealer

---Better Built rear hitch step .... Lowe's !!!
    ---AVS Window VentVisors...Canadian Tire
    ---AVS tinted License plate covers....Wal-Mart

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Well since I put this post up a few days ago I have read all the posts here and gotten a FEW PM's about the missing members.. It is Sad that we have lost some good people, Members that have gone out of their way to help others and some that Just put in their 2 cents... True everyone has their own opinons and we don't all agree with what some people say But when it comes down to it we are all Part of a family.. Not all familys get along. BUT we still stay together. We still have 1 thing in Common.. The GM Truck!!! thats what bought us here.

As this Holiday Season comes maybe we can send some emails to these members and ask them to come back.. If they were banned also a letter asking them to just watch what they say and think Before they say it..If a fight comes into a post then do it in PM's only!! We all don't need to see it..

Anyway I'm going away soon for 10 days and won't be on.. So lets see what can happen..

Happy Holidays to all.....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

It is sad to see that people come and go, especially people like Erica who put a lot of work into planning all of the get togethers over the summer. I've been on here since 2008 and have seen quite a few people come and go over that whole time. It will be nice to have Amy (TRPLXL2) back once she's off ban though. She always had some good projects and such.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Well lets see what can be done about KEEPING members Here.. Maybe a MOD that does only member relations..or something like that..

What do you think?
    I think that's a good idea in principle but I don't think it'll address the types of things that keep Erica, Coach, and others away. That problem is a top-down issue and since such a mod would not be at the top of the chain those sorts of issues would not be addressed.

That's sad, really, because end-users drive the content here ... and content drives the all-important (to some certain people) Google rankings, which in turn drives the vendor and ad revenue, here. Since the end-users are at the base of that money-making pyramid yet receive none of the associated revenue ... one would expect them to be treated by the revenue recipients far better than some have been.

Speaking of revenue, since the mods do 'work' to keep this place running smoothly, I'm surprised there's no profit-sharing with them for their efforts. Many warrant it. I say many because watching others drive end-users away makes me also feel that some shouldn't be mods.

Coach lost his job after the Ford they put him in died -- they elected not to replace it or the person who drove it.

What happened there??
    I don't know details beyond what I shared, as I only had a brief PM exchange when I last spotted Coach on. He stays away for reasons I am sure are shared/discussed/known among the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by seffieldvillage@aol.com View Post
    Amy (trplxl2) is doing okay, we are actually working on an ls swap in my Colorado currently, she is currently banned but will be back as of the first of the year.
    Banned where? Here? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeSilver02 View Post
    But others that are missing, Red Z71 Max, Silveradotrailblazer, and Cadillac to name a few more. Hopefully we didnt piss them all off lol
    Red Z71 Max stepped back from these forums last year after some management-induced drama. As he lives in the Carolinas and is only 4ish hours from me I still PM him from time to time. Last was back in October and he's doing well. I know he's on other forums, now, but am unaware of the frequency.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12