GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've seen new Chevy's around here with 35x12.50R20 tires with little more than a leveling kit and some plastic trimming. They'll fit with just that leveling kit but will scrub unless you trim some. A 4" kit would be more than sufficient to clear a set of 35s.

Oh and welcome btw!!
    Josh
    Petal, MS
    2009 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    If your truck is a nnbs then you can fit 35s with the rancho 4 inch kit
    I assume that is with stock rims and trim and why a rancho? A little more than 4"?

Quote Originally Posted by lokalmotive View Post
    I've seen new Chevy's around here with 35x12.50R20 tires with little more than a leveling kit and some plastic trimming. They'll fit with just that leveling kit but will scrub unless you trim some. A 4" kit would be more than sufficient to clear a set of 35s.
    I am sorry there is no way 35's fit on a leveling kit, 33's can though.
    ____
    If you do 35's with a 20" rims that has a decent negative backspacing and you dont want to trim I would do a 7" lift.

Example: Full Throttle Suspension 7" lift, Toyo Open Country A/T II 35/12.50/20, KMC XD 20" Diesel Rims
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Welcome to the G M T C !

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeSilver02 View Post
    I guess I was misinformed by the guys I've talked to around here with what they say is just a leveling kit and some trimming to fit the 35s. They must not really have any idea what's been done to their trucks. Not surprising with some of the folks around here though. Lol.
    Josh
    Petal, MS
    2009 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 4x4

I assume that is with stock rims and trim and why a rancho? A little more than 4"?

____
    If you do 35's with a 20" rims that has a decent negative backspacing and you dont want to trim I would do a 7" lift.

Example: Full Throttle Suspension 7" lift, Toyo Open Country A/T II 35/12.50/20, KMC XD 20" Diesel Rims

I just know a few guys running the rancho kit on 35s with no rubbing. And yes rims with very close to stock back spacing. I'm looking to do this becuase I don't need another truck that's to high to fit in my gfs parking deck I hate leaving my vehicles outside her place. And with ifs I don't wanna stress my cvs to much with bad angles. How are the angles with the FTS lift? Picture?
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    I just know a few guys running the rancho kit on 35s with no rubbing. And yes rims with very close to stock back spacing. I'm looking to do this becuase I don't need another truck that's to high to fit in my gfs parking deck I hate leaving my vehicles outside her place. And with ifs I don't wanna stress my cvs to much with bad angles. How are the angles with the FTS lift? Picture?

Sorry for large picture. This is not the same truck as above but it is a 7" FTS with a small 1/4" top spacer. The CV's look pretty good with that kit. I understand the whole want to fit into the garage/ parking deck still, so its a tough call. If you keep the same backspacing I guess a 4" will do but more negative backspacing needs more trim or lift. Its just give and take.
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Sorry for large picture. This is not the same truck as above but it is a 7" FTS with a small 1/4" top spacer. The CV's look pretty good with that kit. I understand the whole want to fit into the garage/ parking deck still, so its a tough call. If you keep the same backspacing I guess a 4" will do but more negative backspacing needs more trim or lift. Its just give and take.

Those are good looking angles. I'll most likely be keeping my stock rims for awhile and build my own lift for up front. Yea I have the problem with parking decks cuz my dodge is way to big to fit n anything and my cobras are to low to go over any speed bumps
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Legend

Blog Entries

***Thread moved here***

Welcome to the Club!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12