GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 49
  1. #31

    Default

    I stand by my statement that GMC tends to get a nicer riding tire and shock. I am currently looking into proof of the sound deadening comment. I still dont think that I am better then a chevy owner because I have a gmc. I put the same tires on my chevy that I put on my GMC. I like a nice ride.

    1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

    2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

  2. #32

    Default

    Chevy sold 1,000,000 Cruzes in a little more than a year... Chevy cars most definitely out sell their entire truck line. Also Cruze, Sonic, Spark, Corvette, and Camaro come in manual as the basic option an auto costs more.

    Buick is meant to add a middle ground between the higher LTZ trimmed Chevy and Cadillac. They also only sell cars except for the Enclave. Buick builds luxury/fuel efficient cars and one crossover. Cadillac builds performance inspired luxury vehicles i.e. the ATS goes against the BMW 3 Series. The Denali models are meant to be super luxurious while the other trims are the same as Chevy trims. Chevy as I stated earlier is a FULL LINE auto manufacturer just like its main competitors Toyota, Nissan and Ford. This means they sell all sizes of vehicles from sub compact (Spark) to full size SUV (Tahoe and Suburban).

    GM offers 4 brands because they want to give the buyer a choice of what they truly want. This is why GM had Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Saturn, Geo, Hummer, and Saab. All made very similar products, but each had its own special quality.

    - - - Updated - - -

    GM describes their brand politics as having "two brands" which "will drive our global growth. They are Chevrolet, which embodies the qualities of value, reliability, performance and expressive design; and Cadillac, which creates luxury vehicles that are provocative and powerful. At the same time, the Holden, Buick, GMC, Baojun, Opel and Vauxhall brands are being carefully cultivated to satisfy as many customers as possible in select regions.



    1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

    Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I stand by my statement that GMC tends to get a nicer riding tire and shock. I am currently looking into proof of the sound deadening comment. I still dont think that I am better then a chevy owner because I have a gmc. I put the same tires on my chevy that I put on my GMC. I like a nice ride.
    Pure nonsense.

    I did read a while back that GMC customers had this mindset of trucks they were wanting to buy:

    GMC
    Ford
    Chevrolet

    Sounds kind of silly, but people can be that way.

    It's all perception. GMC's "We Are Professional Grade" really makes people go gaga.

  4. #34

    Default

    what are you so upset about? it seems like you think GM is crazy for having both. I grew up with chevys, my first truck was a chevy. my second was a GMC, and the current one is a gmc. i dont have it because i think its better then the chevy, i have it because it had the options i wanted, at a price i could afford, at the time i was looking. I also think that the current generation of trucks the GMCs look better. if you dont agree thats fine, but no need to argue with people who disagree with you over something fairly minor.

    ever heard the saying "To each their own."? you say chevy, I say GMC, and leave it at that.

    Alex


    2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

    Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    There are quite a few American cars with manual transmissions.


    Yes... CARS. Very few with V8 engines. Those that DO have manual transmissions AND V8 engines are geared so high with ratios like 3:08 that you lose any benefit of the V8 in the first place. You are better off with a V6 and 3:73 gears.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

    Check out my image gallery HERE.



    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    what are you so upset about? it seems like you think GM is crazy for having both. I grew up with chevys, my first truck was a chevy. my second was a GMC, and the current one is a gmc. i dont have it because i think its better then the chevy, i have it because it had the options i wanted, at a price i could afford, at the time i was looking. I also think that the current generation of trucks the GMCs look better. if you dont agree thats fine, but no need to argue with people who disagree with you over something fairly minor.

    ever heard the saying "To each their own."? you say chevy, I say GMC, and leave it at that.

    Alex
    The whole point of this thread was that GM downsized to "save" money after borrowing taxpayers $$$$$, would not GM save some more $$$$$ by reducing redundancy in their most popular selling vehicles.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    Chevy sold 1,000,000 Cruzes in a little more than a year... Chevy cars most definitely out sell their entire truck line. Also Cruze, Sonic, Spark, Corvette, and Camaro come in manual as the basic option an auto costs more.

    Buick is meant to add a middle ground between the higher LTZ trimmed Chevy and Cadillac. They also only sell cars except for the Enclave. Buick builds luxury/fuel efficient cars and one crossover. Cadillac builds performance inspired luxury vehicles i.e. the ATS goes against the BMW 3 Series. The Denali models are meant to be super luxurious while the other trims are the same as Chevy trims. Chevy as I stated earlier is a FULL LINE auto manufacturer just like its main competitors Toyota, Nissan and Ford. This means they sell all sizes of vehicles from sub compact (Spark) to full size SUV (Tahoe and Suburban).

    GM offers 4 brands because they want to give the buyer a choice of what they truly want. This is why GM had Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Saturn, Geo, Hummer, and Saab. All made very similar products, but each had its own special quality.

    - - - Updated - - -

    GM describes their brand politics as having "two brands" which "will drive our global growth. They are Chevrolet, which embodies the qualities of value, reliability, performance and expressive design; and Cadillac, which creates luxury vehicles that are provocative and powerful. At the same time, the Holden, Buick, GMC, Baojun, Opel and Vauxhall brands are being carefully cultivated to satisfy as many customers as possible in select regions.


    1,000,000 Cruzes?? Nope.

    In the US for 2011, GM sold 231K Cruzes, as of September 2012 GM had sold 180K Cruzes, that's far less than 1 million. Granted the Cruze sells pretty good, but nowhere near the numbers that the Silverado sells. Also, pickups are a lot more profitable than small cheap eco cars like the Cruze, Spark, Sonic, etc.

  7. #37

    Default

    To be honest I always thought the GMCs looked better. To me it is more refined looking with fenders that look like molded in flares instead of the shoebox looking sides of the Chevy.

    Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.


  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    There are quite a few American cars with manual transmissions.
    Yes, I realize that there are a lot of CARS with a manual tranny, but I want a Duramax with a real 6 speed.
    Stupid EPA. Those idiots that they have testing the fuel mileage don't know how to properly change gears, and on some of their reports they show that automatics get better MPG than manuals. Idiots. They rated the Civic I have at 35 on the hwy for a manual and 34 with an auto. I get 38-39 average through hills, curves, and 20% city driving. Plus, I'm 17, so i drive with gusto (manual trans). A friend of mine has a similar civic with the same engine, but an automatic and he is lucky to get 34. Eat that EPA

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    There are quite a few American cars with manual transmissions.
    Yes, I realize that there are a lot of CARS with a manual tranny, but I want a Duramax with a real 6 speed.
    Stupid EPA. Those idiots that they have testing the fuel mileage don't know how to properly change gears, and on some of their reports they show that automatics get better MPG than manuals. Idiots. They rated the Civic I have at 35 on the hwy for a manual and 34 with an auto. I get 38-39 average through hills, curves, and 20% city driving. Plus, I'm 17, so i drive with gusto (manual trans). A friend of mine has a similar civic with the same engine, but an automatic and he is lucky to get 34. Eat that EPA
    2000 Sierra Reg. Cab 5 Speed

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stchman
    In the US for 2011, GM sold 231K Cruzes, as of September 2012 GM had sold 180K Cruzes, that's far less than 1 million. Granted the Cruze sells pretty good, but nowhere near the numbers that the Silverado sells. Also, pickups are a lot more profitable than small cheap eco cars like the Cruze, Spark, Sonic, etc
    Pickups will always be more profitable than cars, because the us is more of a pickup country just like canada. most of the country has snow in the winter, if they dont they more tahn likely have mud.

    Quote Originally Posted by stchman
    The whole point of this thread was that GM downsized to "save" money after borrowing taxpayers $$$$$, would not GM save some more $$$$$ by reducing redundancy in their most popular selling vehicles.
    GM will never down size their product line because then they will end up losing money. if they would do anything to their product line they will prolly end up adding some vehicles to it.
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon

  10. #40

    Default

    Haha, there is a LOT of butthurt going on in this thread.

    I have always wondered this same question. Why have both? I understand that one model of truck may appeal to specific people more than another and that is probably the core reason behind why they both still exist today. People still buy both brands, thus largely increasing GM's profits. Can you blame them?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    what are you so upset about? it seems like you think GM is crazy for having both. I grew up with chevys, my first truck was a chevy. my second was a GMC, and the current one is a gmc. i dont have it because i think its better then the chevy, i have it because it had the options i wanted, at a price i could afford, at the time i was looking. I also think that the current generation of trucks the GMCs look better. if you dont agree thats fine, but no need to argue with people who disagree with you over something fairly minor.
    Took the words right out of my mouth man. My first truck was a Silverado because I preffered the 03-07classic Chevy's over the GMC. I prefer the NNBS Sierra BY FAR over the Silverado. And it just happened to be what I was looking for, with the right price tag, at the right time. I didn't choose my GMC because I wanted to put on some "professional" front. LOL. What kind of tool would I be..?
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights


    2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •