GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It's probably not gonna happen for a few weeks at the earliest. I have yet to start collecting all the stuff needed for the retrofit.

If you want to open the lights without cutting them I would suggest preheating the oven to 200 degrees. Place one light in for a few minutes until it is warmed up (but not burning hot!) take it out and go to town carefully prying the lens out and cutting the glue. After a couple minutes when the light cools down, place it back in the oven to warm it up again and pry some more.

I used this method to open up my lights. Make sure you have plenty of free time. I think it took me a few hours of heating and prying to get them opened. I ended up using a couple butter knives for the prying, although I"m sure there is probably something that could work better. Of course I was probably being a little easy going on the prying, but better safe then sorry. Although they are a different style, the same procedure should apply to opening them.

Best of luck to you, can't wait to see them done!
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Well from poking around on this forum and other forums, they all point to cutting the housings because baking apparently doesn't work for NNBS housings. Something to do with the sealant from what I understand? I dunno. I also was wondering if a hot knife would work. There is soldering kits that come with a knife attachment that makes the blade really hot so you can cut/melt thru plastics (when using the dremel, you cut the plastic too). So wouldn't this make it easier and more precise?

Well, just an update on my headlights. I just ordered the kit from The Retrofit Source. I have HID's already but decided to go with the 35w ballasts this time around. Here's a list of what's ordered:
    1 x Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1) (MiniH1III)
    Ballasts Morimoto 3Five (35w)
    Bulbs H1: Morimoto 3Five 5000K
    Halos Yes, Morimoto XB LED (White)
    Projectors LHD (North American Standard)
    Re-sealing Glue
    Shrouds Gatling Gun 2.0
    Wire Harness Relay: H11

not sure I'm gonna do the Halo's yet. If I do, I'm gonna mount them inside the shroud so the light comes thru the holes in the shroud and wire them to my parking lights.
    Cant wait to get them!

Now my other issue, I am gonna buy a 2nd set of lights but I'm still trying to figure out if the ones that are made (OE replacements) use the perma seal crap or the silicone stuff. If anyone knows, please let me know. I really don't want to have to Dremel/hot knife some housings open if I don't have to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12