Hi,

Hi,
I have a 2008 Silverado 1500 Crewcab with my warranty ending the latter part of next year. When I bought it the dealer included a "customers for life" deal which included free oil changes and I pay for the filter and get a tire rotation each time I brought it in. Since then the dealer went out of business and sent me to a Toyota dealership he owned. They were changing the oil every 6k with Mobil and assured me it was fine being a new truck because I am old school and been changing my own oil every 3k like clock work. Now they have moved it up to 9k and I'm getting uncomfortable with this. The Toyota place also put my tire sensor in the wrong place...when the left front is down the indicator comes on for the LR.

I said all that to say this: Can I do the maintenance myself without voiding my warranty if I keep a record and receipts? Can I bring it to an independent garage? The dealers say it will but they want to keep me on that program because my upcoming transmission flush will be be around $400! I don't want to go 9k between changes. I also want to use Mobil1 and do it myself as I have been all my life. In the final analysis it's my truck(warranty gone next year) and want to get the mileage or more I got out of my old 1994 Z-71!

Thanks in advance!