GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    Looking at the OP's Silverado 4WD, Pictured above, its the LT Trim, and by having the 18in" Alloy Rims, it has the Z71 Off-Road Package........and with All the Color Matching, it has the Z71 Appearance Package.
    Unless you know HFD525 personally, you cannot say 100% that the Silverado is an LT or an LTZ.

The LT and LTZ with the Z71 package BOTH come with the same 18" alloy wheels, the same body colored front bumper, the same grill, and the same body colored fascia.

Don't believe me, go to www.chevrolet.com and build each, and look at the description of the Z71 package for the LT and LTZ.

With the Z71 package, the only way to tell an LT from an LTZ is:

1. Look at the interior
    2. Look at the tailgate

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    The LTZ comes standard with retractable mirrors, I am not sure if putting on aftermarket camper style towing mirrors will have the retractable feature as well.
    You are correct and that the tow mirrors are manual folding. I wish they had electric folding, as that is a great feature. Definitely something to think about when considering trading one style for another.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    Unless you know HFD525 personally, you cannot say 100% that the Silverado is an LT or an LTZ.

The LT and LTZ with the Z71 package BOTH come with the same 18" alloy wheels, the same body colored front bumper, the same grill, and the same body colored fascia.

Don't believe me, go to www.chevrolet.com and build each, and look at the description of the Z71 package for the LT and LTZ.

With the Z71 package, the only way to tell an LT from an LTZ is:

1. Look at the interior
    2. Look at the tailgate
    I don't Know HED525 Personally, with that being said, before I posted my Reply in this Thread, I took the time to look at HFD525 Photo Album, and when viewing the Photo's of his 2012" Silverado, there are 2-Photo's in his Album of his Tailgate, and in the Right-Hand Corner I could see the Factory/OEM Chrome Letters......LT......also in HFD525 Sig at the Bottom, he has Posted the following Information,

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4 LT 5.3
    Black Westin Brush Guard
    Blacked Out Bowties
    30% Tint Front Side Windows
    15% Tint Front
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 11-29-2012 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Added Infor.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    I don't Know HED525 Personally, with that being said, before I posted my Reply in this Thread, I took the time to look at HFD525 Photo Album, and when viewing the Photo's of his 2012" Silverado, there are 2-Photo's in his Album of his Tailgate, and in the Right-Hand Corner I could see the Factory/OEM Chrome Letters......LT......also in HFD525 Sig at the Bottom, he has Posted the following Information,

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4 LT 5.3
    Black Westin Brush Guard
    Blacked Out Bowties
    30% Tint Front Side Windows
    15% Tint Front
    You are correct, I should have paid attention to the sig.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12