GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

That looks terrible. Ive had that happen to me as well last year about this time too. And i went with the chrome lmc grille to save time and money. And it caused more time than i wanted. But i think it was all because of the bumper bracket that i got from lmc. because the lwr grille panel i had to shave some of it off because it didnt fit right because of the bracket. also what else prolly went wrong was because i did it when it was cold out and plastic and cold dont mix.
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon

Legend

Blog Entries

Yikes....sorry that happened. At least you found some positives from it.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Actually, the paint is not all that bad. It has a semi-recent paint job and it was base/clear, so it is nice. The pin stripes look bad so I am going to re-stripe it.

I am not ordering anything from LMC. There are plenty of local places that sell for the same place and I won't have to pay shipping. I will probably not buy an aftermarket grille since the Bowie never fits them right. The manufacturers don't get the licensing to put the Bowie shape on the grille, so they can't make them to surround the Chevrolet logo all the way around. I will probably go with a boneyard grille.

It would be cool if someone made a grille that had the Bowie shaved altogether. I might would consider one like that.

The diesel bumper will probably get a set of driving lights installed in it or just be left plain for the looks. I like things to be different but not totally customized... Particularly on something this old.

I DID think about one of those LMC custom bumpers with the lights mounted in them but I have much better ways to spend the money. I am putting on new all terrain rubber on a set of factory '03 alloys I scored from Craig's. I was never really hyped up about the bullet holes that came on the truck.

I am also considering a bull bar for the front, a tonneau cover and a few other goodies. We'll see. I started deconstruction today. I should have it put back together by next weekend. From there, we'll see... I will post up pics as I progress...
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

I must've missed this thread while working my tail off and traveling for work. Sorry this happened to you but I'm glad you are ok and that you are looking at it the same way I tend to look at vehicle issues -- opportunity for an upgrade/improvement!

Got all of my parts in today. Tomorrow morning starts with new tires on my new factory alloys, bumper and straightening the core support. Once that is all done, the rest will be a breeze. I will take pics.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

So when will the venison jerky be ready?

Glad to hear you are ok and that the damage is minimal.
    2011 Silverado 1500 Z71 4x4 Crew Cab
    LED Dome light
    LED Floor lights
    RC Leveling kit
    Tow Mirrors Custom LED running/signal lights
    BakFlip G2 Tonneau Cover

Wink

Ah, thats NOTHING! I killed a deer once with my DIRT BIKE!! A 1986 Honda XL 250 R!!! Frac'd wrist, big ol' raspberry on my left hip...Back to work 3 days later! Shoot, doesn't even look like your sheetmetal got wrinkled!
    You're driving is WAY more offensive than my swearing, assjack!!!

I feel your pain. A few years back a big doe ran in front of me, didn't even have time to react. Hit her at 55mph and she did some damage. Tweaked my bumper, broke half my grille, and took out my left parking light. Glad your okay and there was no more damage. It could have been worse.

Well... Got it back together. There are a few more parts to put on. I can't seem to get the bumper to line up right, even though I replaced all of the brackets... It's gonna drive me NUTTY if I can't get it right! I also put on new tires and switched to a set of OEM Chevy wheels.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-12-07_12-37-56_198.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	46654

You finally got those wheels, did you do a trade or found a good deal on them? But it looks good back together
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast