GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Looks good. I thought that you were putting a diesel bumper with cut outs on it. The rims look nice and clean. In my opinion they really changed the way the truck looks. (for the better) I am not a fan of the bullet hole rims.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by moogvo
    Well... Got it back together. There are a few more parts to put on. I can't seem to get the bumper to line up right, even though I replaced all of the brackets... It's gonna drive me NUTTY if I can't get it right! I also put on new tires and switched to a set of OEM Chevy wheels.
    Thats what happened with mine too, and mine wasnt even as bad as yours, i found a pic of what mine were here it is.......
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Deer accident.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	46655
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeSilver02 View Post
    You finally got those wheels, did you do a trade or found a good deal on them? But it looks good back together
    I found them on Craigs a couple of months ago for $100.00. I had to drive about an hour to get them, but that's fine since I LOVE to drive.

Pikey, I DID order the Diesel bumper but they called me back and told me that they were out of them and would not be getting any more of them any time soon. I had to bite it and move on... *sigh*. I have to re-order the impact strip on the bumper because the tabs on the driver's side of the bumper broke so it doesn't lay flat against the bumper. I also had to trim for the license plate holder too.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Lovin those wheels on your truck. Nice to see your truck is almost back in shape.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Quote Originally Posted by FrigginNoodles View Post
    Lovin those wheels on your truck. Nice to see your truck is almost back in shape.
    Thanks! It is going to have to go to the body shop. There is something wrong that I can't find. None of the parts fit right.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

digging the new(old) rims on there, looks great!

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

ya those new wheels you got on there look good.

So, we had a local body shop sprout up like a chia pet that I just found today. I went there to see if they could be of assistance in fixing my fitment issues. Turns out to be a cheap filler panel causing the problem. I'll get another one from the yard as soon as one comes available.

I was complaining that I wanted to take the bug deflector off but that the paint was badly stained behind it. He told me that he could wet sand and buff it all out. He also demonstrated that he could erase scratches in the paint and give the finish a mirror like shine. I am going to have him to do the whole truck. He cleared the stains in about 2 minutes and I finally have been able to remove the bug shield.

This guy is AWESOME!

I also stripped the pin stripes off of the truck and love the way it looks. The original intention was to re-stripe it, but once I got them off, I loved the look of it. So they are gone. I am also considering stripping the "CHEVROLET" Aluminum tailgate band off. I HATE the way it looks... Always have. I have considered getting the replacement decal from LMC Truck that says "CHEVROLET" in vinyl. Next on the "kill" list might be the aluminum wheel opening moldings. I am also kicking the idea around to remove the bodyside molding.

What you didnt like the bug deflector??

Quote Originally Posted by 1953bowtieguy View Post
    What you didnt like the bug deflector??
    Not really. I am really starting to like the "less is more" look. The body shop guy tells me that he has paint in my color, so I am also thinking about losing the diamond plate bed rails and having them re-painted if needed. I may replace them with ABS plastic ones and add a tonneau cover. The window vent shades are just okay for me and since I don't smoke anymore, I never need to roll the windows down in the rain. Those may be short for the world too...

I DO have to say that I HAVE thought about putting SS stripes on the hood and roof in Silver and painting the bottom of the truck silver below the body molding (if I leave it on)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast