GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 Last Post byLast Post by

Well is the bug deflector still in decent shape?? And i kinda think that your pickup would look good with the mirrors and the bug deflector painted instead of black. And for your bed rails, i think they look good chrome, but they actually might look good painted too.
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon

I agree with @moogvo I hate bug deflectors. My truck had one at one point and it ruined the paint on the front of the hood.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-11-20_06-38-09_818.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	46746Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-11-20_06-38-01_869.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	46747

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Ya but how would it do that? just all the rain water that would get collected in there, wouldnt that blow out anyway when you are going down the road?

I don't know I didn't own the car when it happened. It may be where it was parked that caused rain to collect overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by moogvo View Post
    I am also considering stripping the "CHEVROLET" Aluminum tailgate band off. I HATE the way it looks... Always have. I have considered getting the replacement decal from LMC Truck that says "CHEVROLET" in vinyl. Next on the "kill" list might be the aluminum wheel opening moldings. I am also kicking the idea around to remove the bodyside molding.
    It's great to hear you found a good shop to help you out. I say go for it. I'm not a huge fan of the tailgate bands either. I think it would look good in the vinyl.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

The bug deflector is junk. It has a lot of UV damage. They were a big fad in the 90s but I rarely see anything new with them. On the one hand, I like the look of it and the truck now looks like something is missing, but I'm sure I will get used to it... Like when a friend gets new glasses or a different hair cut...

I am really not into all that aftermarket stuff. Some of it is okay, but the aftermarket stuff I like has to look factory. If it doesn't look like it came that way, it just looks like an afterthought to me. The vehicle should be as seamless as a piece of fabric. Custom wheels and a bunch of bolt on stuff looks more like rips in the fabric unless they are part of a total custom scheme that all flows together.

My conversion van, for example... It has aftermarket wheels. Since the entire van has been customized from stem to stern, factory wheels would look out of place, and it would look like an area that had been overlooked.

The bug deflectors are notorious for catching leaves and debris, holding water in causing stains and rust. That's really why I dont care for them...
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

all three of my trucks have had bug bouncers on em, never had a problem with them.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    all three of my trucks have had bug bouncers on em, never had a problem with them.

Alex
    Bug bouncers! LOL!

I finally got the nose all back together. She's looking great. I am going to send her in for a wet sanding/buffing job soon...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-12-14_09-25-56_662.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	46937Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-12-14_09-26-11_108.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	46938

looks great man!

after a wet sand and polish that paint will really shine!

Alex

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 Last Post byLast Post by