GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

good link, i think that should have a sticky myself. maybe we should start a useful info section? stuff like this could go in there, along with basic lift/tire size info, and anything else we come up with.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by 1953bowtieguy View Post
    I was just wondering because my dad said that the insurance (State Farm) would be higher for every inch it was lifted.

Maybe you should lower it than. or not go to NYC anymore.
    I have state farm for all my insurance stuff and nothing changed when I lifted it.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Guess you have never been there...
    No i have never been there.

state farm insured my 1995 silverado with 6 inch suspension, 3 inch body and 38.5" tires. They were the cheapest I could find. Actually a few insurance companies (including the one that carries my other vehicles and home owners) would not insure it because I told them that I wanted a policy that would cover the lift kit. So, I bought a BDS kit with their no questions asked lifetime warranty. Figured that if I crashed it the insurance could pay to fix the truck and bds would replace the damaged lift components. Luckily, I never had to test that theory!
    So how much did you have to pay for your insurance.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess you have never been there...
    No i have never been there.

state farm insured my 1995 silverado with 6 inch suspension, 3 inch body and 38.5" tires. They were the cheapest I could find. Actually a few insurance companies (including the one that carries my other vehicles and home owners) would not insure it because I told them that I wanted a policy that would cover the lift kit. So, I bought a BDS kit with their no questions asked lifetime warranty. Figured that if I crashed it the insurance could pay to fix the truck and bds would replace the damaged lift components. Luckily, I never had to test that theory!
    So how much did you have to pay for your insurance.
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon

I don't remember. It was not much at all. It was insured as a recreational vehicle, because I had 2 other trucks in my name at the time. Full coverage was around $420 a year I believe. I picked up a cheap life insurance policy for $11 a month that dropped my insurance by about $30 a month because of a multi line discount

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey
    I don't remember. It was not much at all. It was insured as a recreational vehicle, because I had 2 other trucks in my name at the time. Full coverage was around $420 a year I believe. I picked up a cheap life insurance policy for $11 a month that dropped my insurance by about $30 a month because of a multi line discount
    Ok so its about maybe about 200 bucks more than what i pay. and anyways i wouldn't put a 6" lif on it, i would just put 2 maybe 3" suspension lift. also why would you want a body lift.

I did the body lift first. Then I did the suspension. I was able to fit 38's 18.5" wide with no issue. I had "lift lips" that covered the gaps in the wheel wells, between the bed and frame, and between the rear bumper and tailgate. It looked very clean and allowed me to get the tires I wanted under it. Back then the biggest suspension kit they made was 6". Now I have seen 12-14" kits

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

oofta. why would you even want a 12-14" lift kit. also what are all the ways you can lift i vehicle is there a way you would be able to lift it with out getting a kit?

A whopping 2 inches of lift in MA, C'mon man!

Ha, I wouldn't sorry about the 2". I don't think cops would bother u around here. There is always a way to get a sticker
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1953bowtieguy View Post
    oofta. why would you even want a 12-14" lift kit. also what are all the ways you can lift i vehicle is there a way you would be able to lift it with out getting a kit?
    I wanted 38.5's or bigger on it.

1995 Silverado 4x4

2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast