GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

My truck runs a lot better but it sure made it a lot louder!

Quote Originally Posted by The Heater View Post
    Maybe where you live those "at the top" are few and far between.
    That would be the problem. I've got a good metal fab shop, body/paint shop, transmission guy, and upholstery shop. I've also got a good mechanic I trust with day-to-day things like tire rotations (I can't lift my tires due to back issues) and oil changes (I have him do basis since he's rotating my tires).

Electrical/alarm/audio work -- the folks here are for the birds. So are customizers who do interior work like dash panels. Just all kinds of bad...

Well, brother, I am sorry to hear that. We have a lot of car collectors around here who take their stuff to the places I use. That is one reason why they are around.

Also sorry to hear of your back issues. I have a left lateral herniated disc at L2-L3. It causes the Quadratus Lumborum to spasm as soon as I get out of bed. But so far the exercises I was given have managed the problem enough that it only usually interferes with the first couple of hours of my day.
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

And the price of tea in China this week is.........

Sorry.. Anyway I do have to say Some of the better Co's (like K&N) Do back up what they say on the filters they sell..
    True sometimes you will not feel it till you are WOT They do inhouse Dyno on every product they make to back up what they say. This said you also have to look at the filter removing dirt before it enters. Some say they are better but they don't have the Plys that K&N uses.. I've seen the K&N display with a Green filter in it which showed more air going in then both the K&N and stock BUT you could also put some dirt in there and see how much gets by. Do the same with your stock or K&N and Less gets through.. I've done it a few times.. one time in front of the Green Rep.. He don't like me too much... Any way there is also the differance between a chrome and Black tube. I was told for a Little more Cool air go with the Black. If you want the Coolness factor then the Chrome will do...

Anyway Good luck And if you do want more info you can always go here.. http://www.knfilters.com/register/feedback.aspx
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I use K&N filters on most of my vehicles because of one thing. They are reuseable. They save you money in the long run. I like that. But I don't think they make any difference in performance.
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

No joke, my father in laws MPG went from 15.8 to 18.2 after the intake. I would say this is an atypical situation but I'm glad it worked out. He was skeptical but I bought it for him as a bday present. He drives a silverado extended cab 2004 4x4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234