GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello people

Talking Hello people

I am new of course. I just bought a 1996 LT Suburban with tan leather. I will get some pictures up later.

to the site. cant wait to see the pics. tell us a little about yoursef
    Matt
    1987 GMC Sierra Classic 5.7TBI

Well I used to own a 1991 GMC Trailblazer Suburban, it had a 4 inch lift and 30 inch mud tires. I loved that truck but had to get rid of it. 7 years later and 4 kids later I found myself in need of a bigger vehicle then the Intrepid we have. So we got our tax money today, went looking for a Suburban or Expedition and found what we just bought. It was the nicest, and most powerful out of what we tested.

Former Member

Welcome to the site!

Blog Entries

Welcome to the site! My guess by your name that you are from Salt Lake City. I have family there as both my Wife's parents grew up there.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Yep, I am in Salt Lake City.

Soooo on to the good stuff, can you point me in the direction of things I need to look out for, and things I can do to make it run better. I am looking at getting a intake, and some projector lights for it. All in good time though, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

to the site. These guys can pretty much answer any question you can throw at em.
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

Blog Entries

Tell us more about your burban and we can better help. Is it a 1500 or 2500? What size engine and gas or diesel?

As far as mods go, Getting the engine to breathe better is a big plus with a performance intake and aftermarket exhaust. You should then look at a performance chip or programmer.

As far as your headlights go, Have you thought about HID's? Jaymack and a few others have had the projector style but he has since swiched to HID's which is what I installed on my Silverado and thay are tops in my book!

Here is what it looks like, however I haven't taken pictures yet of mine. But the ride height and such are the same.

It is a 1996 Chevy Suburban LT 1500 5.7L gas motor, it has 118k on it, and so far the only thing I see as a problem is the door behind the driver doesn't lock or unlock with everything else. Other then that there isn't any squeaks, mones or other problems I have found. I am amazed at the guts these SUV's have, but its nice to have around here.

As far as performance, I am looking into doing the poor mans mod and just getting the K&N filter and leaving it open, and then later I will tackle the exhaust. The one I had before had a complete Magnaflow 3 inch system and I loved the sound of it.

Welcome to the forum! I've always liked that body style, looks good man.

2009 GMC Sierra Denali AWD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast