GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default O2 sensor part number help

My 05 yukon xl has had a decrease in fuel economy over the last couple weeks (from 19-21mpg on the freeway to just over 17mpg). I have not changed anything, use the same gas, same tire inflation, MAF and Throttle body are clean, spark plugs new, air filter new, fuel filter not changeable. So, using my obdII monitor I noticed that my o2 sensor reading are all over the place. I am sure that this is some what normal, but I mean with the cruise set at 68mph the readings hop all over from 38 millivolts to over 700. I may have the correct O2 sensors "in stock" in my basement or my fathers basement. This is where the problem is: There are no markings on the sensors that are in it now. I crawled under the truck and the pre and post cat sensors look exactly the same. Same plug on the end. Same color wires. Same wire placement in the plug. So, here is the question, "what is the difference between the two"? one heated, one not? does it matter if I use the same sensor for all 4 locations? Being that I may have them sitting here and I will not have to pay $60 each, I will be more likely to swap them out. I found the GM part numbers 213-1702 (12587785) Pre-cat and 213-1699(12576131) Post cat online. But, The sensors I have are not in a bag with the part number on it. I know that someone here is magic with these situations. @99'HEARTBEAT has saved my rear multiple times already with this stuff.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I have not replaced O2 sensors on my 2004 yet but on most other cars and trucks I've worked on there is very little difference between upstream and downstream sensors. Sometimes the connectors differ, sometimes the length of the pigtail differs. There are times I've soldered an upstream connector on a downstream sensor because that's what I had in my shop. I would suggest using whatever you have if it will fit and monitor the results.
    Minneapolis area - 1997 K2500 regular cab long bed + 8.5' Western Unimount plow + modified transmission + 2nd battery + modified camper charge circuit + 1971 Cayo camper -and- 2004 4x4 Suburban 2500 8.1 + Maxbrake controller + 2nd battery + modified trailer charge circuit + Reese receiver, pulls 30' Airstream trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Jamm3r View Post
    I have not replaced O2 sensors on my 2004 yet but on most other cars and trucks I've worked on there is very little difference between upstream and downstream sensors. Sometimes the connectors differ, sometimes the length of the pigtail differs. There are times I've soldered an upstream connector on a downstream sensor because that's what I had in my shop. I would suggest using whatever you have if it will fit and monitor the results.
    Well, I have a box with over 100 new O2 sensors in it. None of them matched my part numbers. I had many with the same connector as mine, but none with the same number. I am concerned because they are heated and I am not sure that all of them with that connector are heated.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)