GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

I use a huge Step-drop-hitch....but your idea looks great as well......Brian
    Silverado Crew.....4.8 L

---Pendaliner BoxLiner and Side Rails....Van and Truck World
    ---Reese Adjustable Step Down Trailer Hitch....Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome eyebrow Mirror Covers.... Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome Bowtie 3rd Brake Light Cover....Van and Truck World
    ---DeeZee TailGate Assist ....Van and Truck World ( now Action Car and Truck Accessories )

---Westin Series side steps....Apple Auto Glass
    ---TRIFOLD rear soft Tonneau....Apple Auto Glass

---Chevrolet Bowtie Mudflaps...GM Dealer
    ---GM Rear Wheel Well liners...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Black Tow Hooks w Hloks
    ---GM Chrome Tailgate Handle/matching key-lock....GM Dealer
    ---GM Driver Information Center Upgrade...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Tinted Bug Deflector...GM Dealer
    ---GM Chrome Door Handles....GM Dealer

---Better Built rear hitch step .... Lowe's !!!
    ---AVS Window VentVisors...Canadian Tire
    ---AVS tinted License plate covers....Wal-Mart

Seems like a good idea, if your bumper isnt getting hit real hard and if its not getting hit hard it should be fine.
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon

Quote Originally Posted by sierra11 View Post
    Yeah I realize if it got hit hard there is a possibility you could do some damage to the frame but it really helps when it's a fender bender. This past week a guy in his mustang ran into the back side of my truck. His front tire caught mine and snapped his tire right off haha but he did mess my fender up a little.

Was it a silver sn95 body style mustang? A kid that lives in midtown that I talk to on occasion cuz of my cobra just got a new body style stand out of no where I was wondering if he wrecked his other one. But I understand you all these idiots in ttown. If it wasn't for my trailer hitch I'd have already had to replace my bumper a few times.
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Quote Originally Posted by silverhobey View Post
    I use a huge Step-drop-hitch....but your idea looks great as well......Brian
    I have seen a few hitches bent completely under the truck. It bends the hitch and the frame rails. Yes, the rear bumpers were not hit hard in these cases because the hitch protected them. But, the bumpers were bent down also because the frame rails were bent. I figure that if some moron whats to rear end me, then so be it. Nothing I can do about it! That is why I have insurance. I would rather put a new bumper on then deal with bent frame rails because I left my hitch in.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Sr. Mechanic

Haha that's a pretty good guess yeah it was a new body style GT white with a silver stripe. He basically broke his wheel off. His wheel isn't attached by much anymore.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 122.jpg  
    2004 GMC Sierra SLT 6.0L 4x4
    UWS Low Profile toolbox 10% tint front and over stock back tint
    AirAid MIT and K&N airfilter
    BlackBear Performance

Not the kid I was thinking of. Tough luck for him all these kids trying to haul a$$ on campus. Every time I have my cobra in town they are trying to race me its ridiculous
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Sr. Mechanic

Haha yeah I know what you mean. My truck was parked on a one way and he some how managed to hit it. Oh well I got the check to fix my truck earlier for $4400.
    2004 GMC Sierra SLT 6.0L 4x4
    UWS Low Profile toolbox 10% tint front and over stock back tint
    AirAid MIT and K&N airfilter
    BlackBear Performance

I'm with zigger and tbplus10 on this one -- I'd rather have a bumper crumple than transfer energy to the frame. Bumpers are cheap and easy to replace. Frames -- not so much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12