GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 1998 Tahoe torsion bars are weak??

I have a 1998 chevy tahoe 4dr 4wd 5.7L. I have a 4 inch pro comp lift, New 315/75/r16 nitto terra grapplers a/t, upgraded from es 3000 shocks to es 9000. I believe my torsion bars are worn out because i can push on the front bumper and move the truck up and down atleast 12 inches or more. It greatly affects the way it handles.I am looking for a much stiffer ride and I have been looking for a heavier duty torsion bar but have had no luck, Any infromation would be greatly appreciated thanks. Tom-

You may be able to upgrade to torsion bars from a 2500. You would also need a HD sway bar. In doing that you should also have the rear be upgraded. I am surprised that your sway bars are that weak are they corroded?

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

No thier not corroded, they look fine. I would like to know what bars would fit my truck because i heard they are shorter on a 4dr tahoe. So would the Hex head stick out the front more? I have no idea..?

I think the 2500 bars are the same length. The Tahoe may be a short wheel base SUV, but it has regular Torsion bars, also Suburban bars would be compatible I'm sure.