GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Cool Is there a Rear View Camera aftermarket unit that you're happy with?

My 2012 LT has the rear sensors on the bumper that signals with tones of any objects in the path when backing up. I works great and I kind of like it as compared to a camera only setup. My wife's Murano has the factory installed back up camera and it is really nice and she now cannot live without it. Does anyone have experience with an aftermarket unit, preferred a wireless model? My truck has On Star so one that replaces the rear view mirror is out of the question.

Check this site out : http://www.cubbycam.com/store/index....index&cPath=21 they have rearviews with onstar and a bunch of other options

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Vizualogic Muth and many other Co's make replacement Mirrors with screens in them
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by WorthFlorida View Post
    My 2012 LT has the rear sensors on the bumper that signals with tones of any objects in the path when backing up. I works great and I kind of like it as compared to a camera only setup. My wife's Murano has the factory installed back up camera and it is really nice and she now cannot live without it. Does anyone have experience with an aftermarket unit, preferred a wireless model? My truck has On Star so one that replaces the rear view mirror is out of the question.
    Do you have a double DIN head unit with a video input and a reverse wire connection? If not, what do you intend to use for a screen since the mirror is out?

The factory one costs $450, so expect that an aftermarket one will cost at least that if not more. Where will the screen be? When you get the factory one, the screen is on the rear view mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    The factory one costs $450, so expect that an aftermarket one will cost at least that if not more. Where will the screen be? When you get the factory one, the screen is on the rear view mirror.
    stchman is correct. The replacement onstar mirror run $389 alone (on sale right now) The complete kit with the tail gate camera bezel is $599. If you have the factory radio with navigation then you can just buy the camera kit for $399.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    stchman is correct. The replacement onstar mirror run $389 alone (on sale right now) The complete kit with the tail gate camera bezel is $599. If you have the factory radio with navigation then you can just buy the camera kit for $399.
    Installing the stuff in the tailgate will probably be a real PITA. You will have to get run the wiring up through the tailgate and get a flex wiring loom. IMO, if you would install the backup camera, put it by the license plate.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Here is one co making the screens in the mirror

http://www.12voltnews.com/blog/2012/...-applications/
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X