GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default sway bar end-links

Im having a hard time finding taller sway bar endlinks... no one includes them in their lift kits... which is retarded
    i got some lift keys for my truck but ive only been able to gain about an inch of lift, because anymore and ill snap another endlink.

any product links or ideas?
    Gas was $1.83 when Obama took office.....

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Hellwig does have a Adj Sway bar link But you should be able to find a longer link at a GOOD autoparts store..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Got any welding or fabrication skillzz?
    Or a local shop that might be able to acomplish this?
    Longer swaybar links arent hard to make, lots of times you can even use your existing end pieces and bushings to fab them up.
    The key thing is keeping the swaybar arms level on a horizontal plain.

yeah, i would need to fabricate something... they would need to be well over a foot tall...
    no one makes them that big

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I was trying to find an example to show you but couldnt find anything, since you wheel your truck you could design an end link that has a quick disconnect so you can remove it when you go off-road to get better articulation from the front end.

ok, now i get what you mean
    i need to combine these
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F63254000.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	52778
    with these
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagesCAZG5F52.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	52780

and then, replace those bolts with some pins & clips if i want quick disconnects...... easy lol
    i dont wheel much now... i bought the truck and sold my jeep cause the jeep drove like crap... it may have been more manoverable on trails, but it wasnt a nice daily driver...

Oh this is an easy one.
    Do you have a Tractor supply near you?
    Replace the long shoulder bolts with the washers on them with Lynch pins of the appropriate size that have mouse clips on them.
    Lynch pins are plenty strong their designed to connect tractor accys to the draw bar and can be rated as high as 30,000lbs.
    Something along these lines, you can also place a washer on each end, and if you need them shorter you can redrill the mouseclip hole where you need it. The mouse clip wont be load bearing, only the lynch pin shaft.

sweet! thanks!
    CA ust to be know for agriculture... but.... yeah......... ill hafta get those online i think
    lol

i could probably buy an illegal firearm quicker than find a tractor supply in southern CA lol

Yea I lived in Ca. For many years but never learned of Tractor Supply until I moved to Georga.
    Say it aint so, illegal guns in Ca.? Does Di Fi know this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast