GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Apprentice

Default Which shocks for daily driver 04 silverado z71

just a standard ext cab 1/2 ton, not an hd. I don't plan on getting rid of it so I'd like something that would last a while.
    93 trans am-FOR SALE!

87 Buick Turbo-T WE4 Yes, they are fast:he:

I am a believer in price shopping, and i found the best shock prices at autozone. go there and ask them for the price of their mid-quality shock...i think you will be pleased.

I've always had good luck with Rancho and ProComp...Even the off-road oriented shocks have improved ride quality in my trucks as they are more progressive in dampening and rebound. Less dancing around over bumps...I hate soft sloppy feeling, lincoln town car suspensions...
    Its the spring rates that have a bigger effect on ride quality...
    just my .02

Ive got an 06 Silverado and i bought the Bilstien HD Shock Absorbers for front and back and they are fantastic, but dont buy them at autozone, if you shop online you can get the front and back Bilstien HD's for $350 shipped. Shocks are important especially for your truck as a daily driver, so dont hesitate to spend an extra $50-100 getting higher quality shocks that will last for 10 years instead of only 5 years going with a low grade shock from a place like Autozone

Legend

I replaced the OEM shocks with the bilstiens so far 7 yrs old still good, have a lifetime warantee. ride is very slightly stiffer. 2000 sil lt 1500 4X4.

my other vehicle has the bilstiens .. these last..

I ride on Bilsteins, too...

I am also looking at new shock's for my 2000 Sierra. I'm going between the Monroe reflex or RMK Monotube from Les schwab. Let me know if any of you have a review on these.

I had reflex's on a '01 1500 4x4, and they were great. i put 100k on the truck after mounting them, and still doing well when i sold it.

I had the reflex's on a 2002 1500 4x4 z71. They were awesome. They road a little stiff but the handling and breaking were great. would buy them again. They were great off road as well.