GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Factory Service Manual?

I am on another car site that has the Factory Service Manual for the different years on the site. I was just wondering if you guys have anything like that here?

Another question too, my Suburban didn't come with a owners manual and I am wondering what the right way is to engage the 4x4. The service guys at the local dealer were less then friendly when I asked. I just don't want to kill anything, so any help or direction where to look would be cool. Oh and I did a search

You can go to www.mygmlink.com and get the user manual online or I think you may be able to buy one from them.
    Gary

99 K 1500 Suburban
    78 Silverado Big 10 w/factory 454
    00 S-10 Blazer
    1976 Trans Am
    1980 Honda CB900 Custom

I went there, but they have to verify my Vin before they will let me do anything. Kind of dumb if you ask me, but I am going to try a work around later.

What year? Lever or push button?
    '98 K1500 Suburban LS 5.7 L 4L60E NV246 ARB
    '92 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0 L A4LD BW13-54 Trac-loc rear
    "My toys were the greasy cogs and springs and pistons that lay around all over the place, and these, I can promise you, were far more fun to play with than most of the plastic rubbish children are given nowadays." Danny in Roald Dahl's Danny The Champion of the World

Quote Originally Posted by SLCSubGuy View Post
    I went there, but they have to verify my Vin before they will let me do anything. Kind of dumb if you ask me, but I am going to try a work around later.

actually its not ...your vin is the way that the dealership keeps track of your maintenance to your truck . some of us who actually have warranties left on the truck whenever something gets done it gets posted on mygmlink ..also you get recalls from the site .
    04 Tahoe LT 5.3L stock MSD 8.5mm Wires
    Gigbson Duels Straight Exhaust, Parrot 3100 Bluetooth
    K&N 77 Series CAI, Sirius Radio
    De-badged, Valet Dei remote start
    5000k HID -Higherlevelauto.com
    Federal 100watt air horn

Its push button. Now that I am home I am going to try something else with the site to get the information.

Wow TahoeFever, a little touchy from what I see about the subject. All I was saying is its dumb that its been two days and I still can't access my vehicle information because a dealer won't verify they sold it. That is my point, sorry if I find it dumb that I have to wait.
    Last edited by SLCSubGuy; 02-02-2008 at 12:36 AM.

Jr. Mechanic

Its push button. Now that I am home I am going to try something else with the site to get the information.

Wow TahoeFever, a little touchy from what I see about the subject. All I was saying is its dumb that its been two days and I still can't access my vehicle information because a dealer won't verify they sold it. That is my point, sorry if I find it dumb that I have to wait.
    Call the number at GMLINK to speed them up a bit. I waited 2 weeks=nothing. Called and next day it was there.
    2014 Silverado
    Bob.

Thanks for the insite. I will do that, I faxed the info last night and will check it before I call today.

Touchy ? nah it's all good I know the feeling it actually took them 2 months to update my record and thats after sending them an email ..saying whats the problem

P.s Hope no offense been done here

Alright..it just seemed like I touched a soft spot, that or I was getting the noobie hazing. I am going to call today, I had to go out and take care of a few things on the Suburban. The only thing I can't seem to fix is the stupid door not locking/unlocking with the remote.

I do have a question, with the factory alarm, if I make another key without going to the dealer will it lock the truck down? It has the factory alarm.

Oh and even though you have a Tahoe, no harm no foul.
    Last edited by SLCSubGuy; 02-02-2008 at 02:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by