GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Got a speeding ticket while reviewing the Buick Enclave

Ok, I'll admit that I have sped a time or two in my life. Sometimes way over the limit. Sometimes just enough to make sure I get to my destination by the time I need to be there. However, I try to obey the laws these days, I try to obey the posted limits (or below, depending on the circumstances).

But come on! I got a ticket in Fort Worth, Texas tonight, just about an hour ago, for 66 in a 60. And get this, I was ABSOLUTELY NOT going 66, I had the digital cruise control set to 62 MPH in the 2008 Buick Enclave that I have been given by GM to review this week.

COME ON, a 66 in a 60 even? Even if I was doing 66 (I was not) ... there were cars going around me 70 or 75 even on I-20. Please, I had the digital cruise control set (the DIC in the 08 Enclave is pretty cool, it actually reads out what you have entered into the cruise control. You should check it out, it's a very nice feature.)

CRUISE SET TO
    62 MPH

Anyhow, the offier's name is Walker, I guess he's with the Fort Worth PD, he never identified himself or told me why he pulled me over. He didn't even ask me to sign the Traffic Citation, which I found to be unusual. I think he spoke less than 10 words to me the whole traffic stop, I can do an official word count probably in a minute, lol.

I have no plans to pay this fine, I plan on pleding not-guilty and going to court. What a bother, oh well, he probably won't appear and I'll get it dropped.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fort%20Worth%20Police%20TX.jpg  
    Last edited by Steve; 03-03-2008 at 05:36 AM.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

sounds like tho one i got over the summer first one in 15 years and it was for 65 in a 55 and yes i was doing 65 i was passing a truck doing 48 mph needless to say the little local cop got my 75 dollars due to i would have had to trave 350 miles one way to fight it...

2006 GMC 1500 Long Bed Vortec 4.3
    1982 S-10 Prodject Street/Track with a 327/300hp Motor built up to 415 hp

That sucks man. I bet his radar gun has not been calibrated lately. I would deffinently fight that ticket. Did you sign it?
    Matt
    1987 GMC Sierra Classic 5.7TBI

I didn't sign the ticket becuase the officer didn't ask me to. I was planning on having some fun with it, "come on offier, you pulled over a new Buick Enclave for what you said was 6 over?" But, he was just trying to go in and out ... it was 7 or 8 minutes tops stop to leave.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD

well since he never had you sign it that looks BAD on him. fight it like hell
    Matt
    1987 GMC Sierra Classic 5.7TBI

6 MPH? Why bother pulling someone over, it takes more than that to pass a car for goodness sake.

Here in Canada if your not doing 75 MPH on the highway you get rearended or the finger which ever comes first.

Ontario Provincial Police don't normally even pull people over til your a least 10 to 20 over and even thats a stretch.

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Texas is different. The law states that you may drive at whatever speed you feel is safe and prudent for the situation. However, the posted limit is the prima facie evidence (first glance proof) that the safe and prudent speed is that posted limit.

Yeah, I was like, 6 over? (Again, I was driving 62 - which I considered to be safe and prudent and below the flow of traffic) I was driving a new crossover with my kid watching a DVD in the back on the Enclave (with the built-in fold-down flat panel in the back) ... he was wearing headphones and I was listening to Bruce Williams on the XM. I was not swerving around, wasn't drinking and driving, I wasn't being a pest ... I was just a guy going home and the cop hit the wrong car with his laser. (or he's lying, or me changing lanes caused a higher readout ... or there is a chance that the speedo on the brand-new vehicle wasn't working properly, but I doubt that. It's a higher chance of his laser gun not working right than that.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD

Day after thanksgiving I got one doin 71 In a 40. Went to court and they gave me 15 hours community service and dropped the charges. Didn't even get a point on my license. I'm an idiot.
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

Quote Originally Posted by 95CTburb19 View Post
    Day after thanksgiving I got one doin 71 In a 40. Went to court and they gave me 15 hours community service and dropped the charges. Didn't even get a point on my license. I'm an idiot.
    Huh, that's getting up near double and they let you go, huh? How did you contest it, before a judge or before a jury?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD

I don't know how I didn't get arrested that night. I wasn't drinking or anything, but stillI deserved a DWI (Driving while an Idiot). I didn't go in front of a judge just an attorney guy. It wasn't a ticket though, it was a straight court summons. Luckily he was from the town where my friends dad is captain of police and happened to be friends with him. There was really no way I could plead guilt/innocence because it wasn't a ticket.
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast