GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

How is it that the parents of the kid aren't liable for this?

it should be, had my wife talked to the mom. my wife just grabbed her food and went home, she had already had a long day with my daughter at the hospital getting some tests, they were both very tired and cranky.

had i been there, it would have been different, but its water under the bridge.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

OUCH!!!!
    Glad all the wife and kid are ok though.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

dropped the truck off yesterday at the body shop, they figured they would get to it on monday, maybe have it done by next friday, probably monday tho, all depends on how soon they get the parts they need.

ended up renting a little SLE canyon crew cab. not a bad little truck, but its no sierra.

Alex

Im in the same situation right now, I was driving home from pt two days ago and Im in the fast lane on the interstate and traffic comes to a sudden stop, I had to stop pretty quickly, as I stop I look in my rearview mirror and see a ton of smoke and I get nailed in the rear end which causes me to hit a Chevy 2500 diesel in front of me. Turns out some girl ran into the back of a dodge at about 65mph and caused the pileup, there were five cars involved. But heres the damage that got caused to my truck, mainly from hitting the heavy duty hitch on the back of the 2500, the 2500 wasnt even phased.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	46659Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (1).jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	46660
    2003 Chevy Silverado 1500 ext cab, 5.3 v8

As bad as it is at least it's only paint and sheet metal. Unfortunately to many parents allow their kids to run in streets and parking lots then automatically blame the driver when something happens.

I was driving through my neighborhood in my work truck (Peterbuilt, long frame tandem axle, w/30' box) not long ago when a lady and her 3 little kids popped open the street side doors and jumped out of their Suburban into the street right in front of me, the lady gave me a nasty look and yelled something I didnt catch, she basically pissed me off, about half a block down a police officer was watching a school crossing so I stopped and complained to him about the driver, he asked me if I was willing to follow up and go to court if it ever got that far so I said yea, he went to the ladies house and issued her 1 ticket for opening her vehicle door into traffic and 3 tickets for endangerment to a child. Normally I wouldnt waste the time it took to follow through but these little brats are always in the street and if you honk at them they flip you the bird even when the parents are outside with them, which isnt often, hopefully this will teach the parents to keep their kids out of the street. I'd hate to see them have to learn this lesson because one of the little brats got run over.

ouch that sucks but its good she avoided the kid that ran out into the parking lot, the GF's 3 yr old is learning about parking lots, hes either holding our hands or im carrying him if he decides to want to try and run off, one day he really didnt want to hang around the truck so i picked him up and put him in the bed
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

got her back today. cant tell it happened, which is how it should be. dont think they got a alignment done quite right tho, truck dosnt pull, but the wheel is a touch left to get it to go straight.

Alex

It seems to me as our cities and towns gets more crowded ... these are happening more and more. Makes me want to move to the country.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

thats the plan when i get out of the army.

Alex