GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ouch! Side of truck scraped after wife swerved to avoid a child.

A few pics of the side of my truck after my wife swerved to avoid a child running around alone in the parking lot at a Wendys.

Rather have the truck messed up then have her run someone over, but it would be nice if parents would corral their kids.

moral of the story, watch out for kids, and watch out for buildings!

Alex
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0288.jpg   IMAG0289.jpg   IMAG0291.jpg   IMAG0290.jpg  

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Wow! It could have been a whole lot worse. I know exactly what you mean about corralling the kids. I often see kids running around parking lots unattended. I have 2 young children, our "parking lot rules" are that they are holding my hand or my wife's at all times. If for some reason their hand comes out of one of our hands They freeze and do not move.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

That is just terrible, what happend, did she hit one of those pillars out in front of the store???
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon

Quote Originally Posted by 1953bowtieguy View Post
    That is just terrible, what happend, did she hit one of those pillars out in front of the store???
    yep, she hit one of those poles they put out to keep you from actually hitting the building or anything else they want you to stay away from.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Sorry to hear about your truck. I'm happy everyone is okay. Irresponsible parents is something WAY too common these days.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Ouch!!! Bummer.. Take some Artex to the side where she hit and that should take most of the other paint off and make it look better.. For now till you get it fixed.. As for that Kid..... Oh Mommy come here....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

got a quote this afternoon. $2600!!!!

my deductible is $500, so not so bad. i now have to go to a allstate approved place tomorrow to get it looked at again. the inspecotr figured a whole lot of paint and body work, plus a whole new bedside.

see what happens tomorrow.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    got a quote this afternoon. $2600!!!!
    Gosh, I thought it would buff out
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    Gosh, I thought it would buff out
    i teased my wife about that i would just go buy a buffer and get a little wax, she didnt find it too amusing.

Alex

That is pretty crazy, but there is no price for a child's well being. However it is costly.
    AC - Nevada
    2001 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.3LV8 (Purely stock)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast