GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Beaten a Speeding Ticket?

Have you beaten a speeding ticket where you live? If so, give some helpful hints out the people who live around you.

Go into the right forum for your state. Post what you did to get out of the ticket and what advice you have for others.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

my best friends dad is the captain of police in a neighboring town. Since I didn't get a ticket and instead got a court summons I went and did some community service before I even went to court. My friends dad wrote me a letter saying I had already done work for him and that I understood the seriousness of my infraction and I got off without any points or anything on my record.
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

Both of my parents were (retired) Pittsburgh Police Officers and my uncle is on his 3rd term as the District Justice in Somerset,PA. I usually just dropped that line and got warnings. I did have a the same cop pull me over twice in 3 days and tell me "How many times am I gonna have to pull you over to let you know you're not above the law" I said a few more would be nice.
    6" BDS Suspension Lift / 3" Body Lift / 38x15.50x20 Dick Cepek FCII on 20x12 Dick Cepek DC-1 (summer set) / 325/80/16 Dick Cepek FCII on 16x8 American Racing Diamond Back (winter set) / Hypertech Power Programmer III / Air Max Spiral Flow Air Intake / / 80mm Granetelli MAF / 80mm BBK Throttle Body / Helix Power Tower Plus Throttle Body Spacer / 2 Turbonators / Edelbrock Shorty Headers / 30 Series Flowmaster / 4.56 gears /

My cousin is a mechanic and he writes me notes. I also take them to trial, especially if they are troopers, as they don't usually show up. A friend who owned a junkyard used to do the same thing years back for my mother.

Legend

Actually I find if your just polite and actually look like your sorry the cop will usually let you go. Talking like a smart a$$ and trying to make jokes will get you a ticket every time. When I had my camaro I got pulled over 27 times in 2 years. 15 for speeding and 12 for various other things. I got 2 speeding tickets in total. Neither are on my record because I ammend the 1st from my license because I was 16 and paid 40 dollars. I did the same thing for my second @17 and just paid the full price 180 dollars. Neither are on my license.
    Of course my first ticket came from a motorcycle cop, no chance of getting out of that and my second was on the way back from a college tour and I was late for my rugby game.

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.

I have a great talent of being able to look like I'm gonna cry.. lol.. cops dont wanna make a young woman cry.. I have never got a ticket in the 6 years I've had my liscense... batting the baby blues works everytime.. love being female

i got caught doing 75 ina 45... straight to jail supposedly, but my trump was a young feller settin in the passenger seat. when the cop left, my buddy said i was welcome. when i asked what he was talking about, he said the reason i didnt get a ticket was b/c that particular cop had bought him beer while on duty and the kid was only 15 years old. he was a city boy here in frankfor ky
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

Legend

Blog Entries

I just suck it up and take the ticket. If I was afraid of getting a speeding ticket... I wouldn't speed.

First and last ticket in a long time was at (and I kid you not) 12:04 a.m., January 1 of this year. First ticket in the county. *woot!*

64 in a 45
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

been pulled over once for speeding, just a little flash of the badge works pretty good, not to mention knowing most of the cops in the county by their first name.
    bd1326

2005 Chevy Silverado 6.0 Vortec 4X4
    K&N Air Filter: Stock Replacement
    E3 Spark Plugs
    Magnaflow Single Exit Exhaust
    Rough Country Leveling Kit
    Skyjacker Add-a-Leaf
    Much More To Come

"Understeer is hitting the wall with the front of your car. Oversteer is hitting it with the rear."
    - NASCAR driver "Fireball" Roberts.

Master Mechanic

being in uniform has helped me out 3 times.then when in regular clothes ill hand over my military ID with my license.and one noticed my fire dept. sticker back when i had my dodge and let me go.
    -Dylan
    2004 Silverado 4x4
    4.8L
    1986 K5 Blazer
    8" Superlift w/39.5 super swampers
    1992 GMC Jimmy "Blue Bomber"
    4.3L Vortec