GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How can i fit both a throttlebody spacer and intake?

I own a 2002 silverado 5.3l extended cab. And i bought an airaid poweraid throttle body spacer, and a K&N 57 series cold air intake. I know for a fact that both of them wont fit, as i installed the cold air intake. But i get the throttle body spacer on monday, as it didnt show up at the shop. So i was wondering if the Airaid cold air intake will alow enough space for the throttle body spacer to fit in with it.

Thanks, ill take pictures tomorrow during the daytime so you can see what im talking about.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

I would just use the CAI and not the TBS. But that is me.
    2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Ex. Cab, Fire Red, 6.6L Duramax LMM Equipped with UTG Rocker Pods

AMSOIL is the only oil company that...,"Recommends 25,000 mile oil changes","Gives up to four times better wear protection","Warranties your engine against oil related failure"

Preferred Customers Save up to 30% Click here!!!
    Executive Direct Jobber ZO# 1695636
    Scott Douglass 248-721-1002
    Order online:
    www.1st-synthetics.com

I would really like to know if i could fit both intake and throttle body spacer if i bought an airaid intake, i might have a buyer for my K&N
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat

no one knows?... I don't want to waste the throttle body spacer, and i would really like to have both, to hear that thing whistle.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb

Cool How can i fit both a throttlebody spacer and intake

Airaid use to make two t/bodt spacers for 5.3s. The early ones were thicker (pre 2005) and the later were thinner and fit down inside the manifold alittle because of factory throttle change. They now make only one part # 200-512-1. Maybe you got one of the older, thicker spacers. Also at one time we tried a #200-512-1 and Airaide CAI on my 2005 5.3 and they fit. Hope this helps.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I just got done reading my LMC book that came today, and they said for maximum performance use the throttle body WITH the air raid intake. So they seem to think it would fit like that, good luck!
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Phoned airaid, got my answer, the cai fits with the throttle body spacer.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb

Quote Originally Posted by ippielb View Post
    I would really like to know if i could fit both intake and throttle body spacer if i bought an airaid intake, i might have a buyer for my K&N

Yes, The Airaid CAI with the Intake tube will work with the TBS.
    2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD, Dmax/Allison, Taupe Gray Metallic, Line-x over the Rail & Rockers, S&B Intake, Banks Monster Exhaust, Rigid Dually D2's, Cognito Leveling Kit, Cognito Steering Braces plus much more.

"Suburban" There is no Substitute.:great:

SOLD - My Loaded up 02 2500 Suburban.

does anyone know if there is a tbs that will fit w/ a k&n 57 series on an 01 z71?
    01 silverado z71 5.3L

mods: kenwood mp238 hu w/ sirius satellite radio
    kenwood 3 way 6 3/4 front door speakers. kenwood 4x6 rear.
    blaupunkt 200a powered sub.
    flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust.
    k&n 57 series cai
    vent shields
    bug deflector
    garmin 755t gps

110,000 miles

future mods: throttle body spacer, new plugs and wires, and programmer. a/t or m/t tires.

Quote Originally Posted by etpn13 View Post
    does anyone know if there is a tbs that will fit w/ a k&n 57 series on an 01 z71?
    I don't think so, because Airaid designs their Intake Tube so that you can use theTBS. I do know, if you use the TBS and the Airaid CAI that sometimes you have to trim a little off of the fan shroud to get a proper fit. If you look hard in the picture, just in front of the intake tube you can see where the shroud has been trimmed to allow the fitment of the TBS. This picture was taken after I removed it but you can see that the Intake tube can be moved a bit forward to accomodate the r extra space occupied by the TBS.

2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD, Dmax/Allison, Taupe Gray Metallic, Line-x over the Rail & Rockers, S&B Intake, Banks Monster Exhaust, Rigid Dually D2's, Cognito Leveling Kit, Cognito Steering Braces plus much more.

"Suburban" There is no Substitute.:great:

SOLD - My Loaded up 02 2500 Suburban.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast