GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for the update, the fix turned out to be much different than I wouldve expected it should be a helpful tip for someone suffering issues like this in the future.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Gugmuck View Post
    Alright; so I know it has been a long time since this thread was started, (have been out of the country with work) but when I got the time to look into it again, I came to a bunch of dead ends just as the first times. Upon arriving home this time around, I found that I now had an intermittent cruise control issue to add into the fray. Finally gave up hopes of fixing these issues myself and brought the truck into the shop. It turned out all issues could be attributed to the brake light switch. Upon applying the brakes, the switch would not recognise that I had released the brake pedal and would shut off the services in order to save them from damage or some such. I thank you all for your suggestions, the help was greatly appreciated! :D
    the defective brake pedal switch or out of adjustment would cause the cruise control to not function.

what was the cause of the voltage/power problem

They said the switch was the cause for the stabilitrak/abs/tc/trailer brakes going out also.

All problems seem to have cleared, at least for now. Unfortunately as the problem was not always there, it is difficult to know for sure.

Replacing the battery had fixed the starting problem way back when.. But the rest of the issues endured until now.

The dealership said that there was a fault code in the abs system, which I was unaware of. (I only knew to check codes via obd2)

The faulty switch was probably causing the brake lights to be on all the time (even when truck was parked) and thus knocking down the voltage.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    The faulty switch was probably causing the brake lights to be on all the time (even when truck was parked) and thus knocking down the voltage.
    that sounds like the reason the battery got drained down. I missed that one .

Quote Originally Posted by j cat View Post
    that sounds like the reason the battery got drained down. I missed that one .
    I do too, there was no mention of the lights being on. Easy to guess what happened after the problem is found

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12