GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default Ok Who wants a New WhiteNight Backup light system? We Have a WINNER!!! Pikey!!!

Been thinking of the 3 Questions to ask Y'all.. 1 Something about this site or it's founder.. 2 Something about the Product you are about to win.. 3 Something about GM Trucks.

Ok as most of you know I will be leaving for a trip over seas and will not have access to this site for a few days (Sun 9th to the 19th of Dec) So you will have 24 hr's to have the right answers, Or the first PM I get with the right Answers when I get back will win...

Ok here it goes....Good luck to all....

(1) 2 parts.. (A) Who is the Founder of this site? His FULL Name.. (B) And what kind of Trucks has he owned?

(2) 4 parts.. The WhiteNight Back up system is a Great way to light up the way behind you. (A) What kind of Co is this that makes the WhiteNight system? (B) What other products do THEY make? (C) What is the Founders Name? (D) How can you light up behind you?

Are we having Fun yet???

(3) 3 parts.. What Year was the first GMC Truck made? What was the Founder's Name's? And How were they Powered?

Ok that should do it.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	install_Avalanche2010.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	46658 Good Luck to all.... I'll be waiting..

- - - Updated - - -

Hows it going guys???
    Last edited by Enkeiavalanche; 12-08-2012 at 07:27 PM.
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Didn't see to pm the answers. PM sent
    Last edited by FrigginNoodles; 12-08-2012 at 10:22 AM.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Legend

Ok I have gotten 2 replys so far only about 2/3 right..... Close but not there yet.. Gotta go out for a while will check back later..

Hints Check your INFO before you send PM....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Well, my PM is in. It took a bit of research, but that was actually pretty fun.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    Well, my PM is in. It took a bit of research, but that was actually pretty fun.

agreed. Was really cool looking at the old GM Truck and was surprised how it was powered too.

good luck
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

It did take a lot of research. It was pretty cool to learn about the company and the trucks. Good luck Guys!

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend

Ok it's Very Close... Between Pikey and FrigginNoodles it's so close... There is ONE Answer I'm looking for from the both of you.. And all it takes is a FLICK of a switch........to get your Brain's working.....

- - - Updated - - -

Ok here it goes....The right Answers... Congrats to Pikey Took him all day and about 10 Pm's to me but he got it..

(1) 2 parts.. (A) Who is the Founder of this site? His FULL Name.. (B) And what kind of Trucks has he owned?

(A) steve B (Will not post his True first name) (B) 02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

(2) 4 parts.. The WhiteNight Back up system is a Great way to light up the way behind you. (A) What kind of Co is this that makes the WhiteNight system? (B) What other products do THEY make? (C) What is the Founders Name? (D) How can you light up behind you?

(A) Byers Precision Fabricators
    Byers Precision brings you excellence, experience and expertise in an always-expanding range of fabrication and laser processing services.

(B) Founded by Paul Byers... (C) Besides the WhiteNight, They do all sorts of metal work, turning milling, laser cutting, anodizing, welding, fabricating.. (D)
    The White Night Toggle Switch: On the back side of the White Night unit there is a 3 position toggle switch. In one position, the White Night unit will activate when your ignition switch is on and the vehicle is placed into reverse. This is the position the switch should be left in for normal operation. The center position is off. If you place the toggle switch in the opposite position the unit will come on even with the ignition switch off. This allows you to use the light for many uses such as hooking up a boat trailer, changing a flat tire, or setting up camp in the dark.

Are we having Fun yet???

(3) 3 parts.. What Year was the first GMC Truck made? What was the Founder's Name's? And How were they Powered?

(3) A,B,and C, Found this on the GM site..

Editor’s Note: For more than 100 years, GMC pickups have hauled the loads that have helped keep America running. They’ve come in different shapes and sizes and with names that denote their capabilities. What do all those names and numbers mean? This first in an occasional series of “GMC Pickups 101” features explains the naming history of the fullsize pickup.
    DETROIT – When three truck builders – Randolph, Reliance and Rapid – merged to become GMC in 1912, the brand’s range of gasoline- and electric-powered trucks used model numbers between 1 and 12, each denoting payload in thousands of pounds, or how much weight could be loaded on the rear.

Hope you all had fun and I am working on some other Give-A-ways Soon....

Congrats again to Pikey

Wow!! Thank you so Much!! I have been checking these out for some time now. Those questions were not as easy as I thought they were going to be. Yes, it did take all day, but well worth it. I am pretty excited right now. Thanks for doing another awesome lighting giveaway @Enkeiavalanche . Now, make sure that you have tons of fun and be safe in Europe. Take plenty of pics for us.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Congrats Pikey
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Congrats Pikey! I will mention that Enkei's winning answers are missing the 2010 Traverse LT that Steve just got recently though. Make sure you take pictures of the WhiteNight on your truck for us.

And have fun in Europe Enkei. I saw your link to your cruise ship earlier... that looks like quite the boat.

EDIT: I also didn't know until today that @Steve runs toyotatruckclub.com

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast