GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pepboys

Question Pepboys

Being a Pepboys employee i was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the complany, Service department or Retail? Im not bias in anyway shape or form. Its a paycheck and a good one i might add, lol. But was just wondering because it is a nation wide company and alot of people go there.
    2005 Chevy Silverado - Bright orange, 4.8L, 2wd, reg cab, short bed, Stock for now. :glasses:
    1967 Ford Mustang - Coupe, 200ci 6cyl w/minor upgrades, Stereo, Wheels, Interior, All other stock. White. First car and love her.

Former cars.
    1967 Ford Mustang - Coupe, 302 race prep, one bad ass car but she met her maker at the track :erf:
    1997 Ford Mustang Cobra - All stock, caused to much trouble with her. Well thats what the cops kept saying so i had to get rid of her.:grrrrrr:

Legend

When it comes to the sales I've had pretty good luck but as far as the work that gets done, pretty horrible. No offense.

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.

Absolutely horrible service experience three times running, I will never go back.

1. I had the alternator replaced on my old 240SX, and they put the battery terminal bolts in backwards so that they wouldn't tighten down the whole way. I didn't find this out until it rattled off in the middle of the highway during rush hour.

2. I bought a new battery, and they did the install. It took them two hours, and when I got there, they checked me out, and I went out to find that the car didn't start. They had re-installed the old battery out of another car into mine.

3. Got the oil changed, and they left the drain plug out. I got a new motor out of that one.

These were at three different shops, so I can't say it was just because one shop was bad.
    Josh

2001 VW GTI 1.8T
    2005 VW Passat 1.8T - soon to be gone but not forgotten
    1997 Chevy Suburban 1500 5.7L - What have I gotten myself into?!?

Legend

Retail end of the store is great. Not so impressed with the service end of it. sorry.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

When I was on Active Duty I would rely on Pep Boys to do "emergency repairs" on our cars if I was deployed. I never had a problem with their work, but I did make a point of befriending one of the better mechanics at each Pep Boys I used and made sure that was the only mechanic that worked on my car.

We don't have Pepboys up here.

I guess its a love/hate thing...People love to hate Cable companys too.

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Quote Originally Posted by Cableguy View Post
    We don't have Pepboys up here.

I guess its a love/hate thing...People love to hate Cable companys too.
    pepboys are the us version of Canadian tire they both suck when it comes to mechanics
    04 Tahoe LT 5.3L stock MSD 8.5mm Wires
    Gigbson Duels Straight Exhaust, Parrot 3100 Bluetooth
    K&N 77 Series CAI, Sirius Radio
    De-badged, Valet Dei remote start
    5000k HID -Higherlevelauto.com
    Federal 100watt air horn

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeFever View Post
    pepboys are the us version of Canadian tire they both suck when it comes to mechanics
    Oh I see. I stay away from Canadian Tire repairs too. I like specialty shops anyway.

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

yah same here ...at least with a shop you can talk with the tech on one to one and know what the deal is ....

on a side note you guys that actually been in a pepboys notice that the chairs are always by the door where they get things fixed? that because they need a place for the customers to lay / or sit down after seeing the outrageous bill
    04 Tahoe LT 5.3L stock MSD 8.5mm Wires
    Gigbson Duels Straight Exhaust, Parrot 3100 Bluetooth
    K&N 77 Series CAI, Sirius Radio
    De-badged, Valet Dei remote start
    5000k HID -Higherlevelauto.com
    Federal 100watt air horn

Legend

they need a place for the customers to lay / or sit down after seeing the outrageous bill
    Aint that the truth.

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast