GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default shaking in the front end

hi i have a 98 rodeo i put some 20 inch rims and tires on now it shakes on the right side can anyone help going to do the ball joint this week have new shocks
    93 GMC SUBURBAND 24" RIMS / 98 ISUZU RODEO 20" RIMS

make sure the tires are balanced.

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

had them balanced still shakes but it just realy bounces at hi speeds thanks

Sounds like your wheel is bent, tire is out-of-round or you have a broken belt.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

x2 on the wheel/tire issue. If the problem did not exist before you put the wheels and tires on, then I would bet that is where your problem is. Try taking the tire off of the front right side and switching it with a rear tire. Maybe the issue will move to the other location, pointing out that there is an issue with that tire.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

If its bouncing and vibrating especially at high speeds its probably a warn shock absorber or strut and/OR the new 20's have tweaked the alignment, bigger rims can throw your toe and camber off. Also it may be cause by too much weight on the front wheels when you had them balanced or a bent rim. Id have someone look at your shocks/struts whatever your rodeo has and front suspension for any free play.

I have had several Isuzus and they are really hard to offend. I have had some pretty big tires on mine without trouble. They are torsion bar sprung just like a 4x4 Chevy and built every bit as strong. I can just about promise you that it is a tire or wheel issue.

X2 with Pikey. Rotate them out and see if your problem moves.