GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

The hanging file system in the center console along with the clam shell style glove box are interesting!

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I like how Mike and Jeff said that the Sierra and Silverado are MORE differentiated than ever before. Whatever, they are pretty much the same truck with different cosmetics.

IMO, the GMC's headlights are really stupid looking.

They are different, thats for sure. The interior is crazy for both trucks. IMO I think the Sierra front end looks to much like a Honda Ridgeline. I dont even wanna know what the price tag will be for either. But all in all, I think I will need to go to a dealer and look at exactly what they offer.

At least they got rid of the stupid end-caps on the Silverado Front-end! Finally have a real bumper on the front! Sierra seems more refined and has some of the optional features for that are on the Silverado as STANDARD on the GMC. I don't this the pictures do the truck an justice, I want to see these things on the road and lifted (mildly)!

Blog Entries

wow, thanks for all the updates and info guys.......Brian
    Silverado Crew.....4.8 L

---Pendaliner BoxLiner and Side Rails....Van and Truck World
    ---Reese Adjustable Step Down Trailer Hitch....Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome eyebrow Mirror Covers.... Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome Bowtie 3rd Brake Light Cover....Van and Truck World
    ---DeeZee TailGate Assist ....Van and Truck World ( now Action Car and Truck Accessories )

---Westin Series side steps....Apple Auto Glass
    ---TRIFOLD rear soft Tonneau....Apple Auto Glass

---Chevrolet Bowtie Mudflaps...GM Dealer
    ---GM Rear Wheel Well liners...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Black Tow Hooks w Hloks
    ---GM Chrome Tailgate Handle/matching key-lock....GM Dealer
    ---GM Driver Information Center Upgrade...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Tinted Bug Deflector...GM Dealer
    ---GM Chrome Door Handles....GM Dealer

---Better Built rear hitch step .... Lowe's !!!
    ---AVS Window VentVisors...Canadian Tire
    ---AVS tinted License plate covers....Wal-Mart

I like the grille, but obviously I'm a little biased...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014 Chevrolet Silverado.jpg   Front Right Sil2.jpg  

HHR SS_________________The Heritage Hot Rod

Sr. Apprentice
    Blog Entries

Kinda boxy looking if you ask me. And what is with the overly squared wheel wells? Adds to the boxy look. Interior looks nice. Windshield rake is noticeably increased. However, like others, I will have to see it in person to really get an impression. With all the techy stuff, I hope they did not forget about the working aspect and offer a more stripped down (and affordable) model made for construction, farm and hauling use. Bells and whistles are nice - but not what most trucks are used for and certainly not what the average truck owner can afford.

Joe
    2003 Suburban
    1968 Camaro 454

I am intrigued by a 1500 1/2 ton crew cab with a 6.6ft medium bed.... I might not need to move to a 2500.

But then I have a concern about what it's bed and towing capacity is, right now I have a 7500lbs tow capacity.... is choosing the 1500 crew with 6.6ft bed going to drop that? (moving me back to a 2500).

And as far has GMC vs. Chevy..... come on. Look at those 2 trucks...... (This is like the Iphone/Samsung crap). "Samsung copied our rounded corners on the iphone so we are going to sue them"

I see absolutely no difference in these 2 trucks. Ok, the grill is different, the rims are different, You get HID's and LED's in the GMC....

How is that any different than the silverado? Most silverado owners will do after market upgrades to get those features.

There is no "distinct" difference in the 2 trucks, so per the video, that is one *** of an epic fail on GM's part again.

.... The GMC has less road noise? ok, I will get the silverado and dyno mat the cab?

Is that what this has come down to? Sometimes you really have to laugh at what they do to "fake" people into thinking the trucks are different.

Even the engine and tranny options are the same in both trucks.... absolutely no difference except how much extra chrome plated plastic people want to pay more for on the GMC.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Don't apologize for wanting to write content!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, they were paying for airfare and hotel ... so anyone could have done it if he/she can write. However, I'll keep that in mind.

Now you tell us..... Anyway I saw the review on CR and they already say itīs NOT as quiet as the 2 other brands and the brakes are not as good so maybe GM could look into this BEFORE they come out not after 2 years.. I do like that Rear (First Avalancheīs) Bumper with the step up and handle.. I am glad they got rid of that Cheap easy to Scarch Plastic crap that they have now BUT lets wait till we can see first hand what it looks like..

As for what he said about a Z71 SYSTEM!! PLease!!!! new Shocks and maybe skid plates IF it does not already come with them..How much do The cheapest RANCHO shocks go for??? and How many can GM get at that price? Big Deal.. Give me more or do NOT price the Z71 more then $400 above a reg Silverado... I can buy better shocks for that price too...And still get Z71 stickers on the truck..

Sorry had to rant.... It does look nice but I will have to take a CLOSE look before I buy one... I will miss my Avalanche when it goes....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Now you tell us..... Anyway I saw the review on CR and they already say itīs NOT as quiet as the 2 other brands and the brakes are not as good so maybe GM could look into this BEFORE they come out not after 2 years.. I do like that Rear (First Avalancheīs) Bumper with the step up and handle.. I am glad they got rid of that Cheap easy to Scarch Plastic crap that they have now BUT lets wait till we can see first hand what it looks like..

As for what he said about a Z71 SYSTEM!! PLease!!!! new Shocks and maybe skid plates IF it does not already come with them..How much do The cheapest RANCHO shocks go for??? and How many can GM get at that price? Big Deal.. Give me more or do NOT price the Z71 more then $400 above a reg Silverado... I can buy better shocks for that price too...And still get Z71 stickers on the truck..

Sorry had to rant.... It does look nice but I will have to take a CLOSE look before I buy one... I will miss my Avalanche when it goes....
    Can you post a link to this CR review?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    I am intrigued by a 1500 1/2 ton crew cab with a 6.6ft medium bed.... I might not need to move to a 2500.

But then I have a concern about what it's bed and towing capacity is, right now I have a 7500lbs tow capacity.... is choosing the 1500 crew with 6.6ft bed going to drop that? (moving me back to a 2500).

And as far has GMC vs. Chevy..... come on. Look at those 2 trucks...... (This is like the Iphone/Samsung crap). "Samsung copied our rounded corners on the iphone so we are going to sue them"

I see absolutely no difference in these 2 trucks. Ok, the grill is different, the rims are different, You get HID's and LED's in the GMC....

How is that any different than the silverado? Most silverado owners will do after market upgrades to get those features.

There is no "distinct" difference in the 2 trucks, so per the video, that is one *** of an epic fail on GM's part again.

.... The GMC has less road noise? ok, I will get the silverado and dyno mat the cab?

Is that what this has come down to? Sometimes you really have to laugh at what they do to "fake" people into thinking the trucks are different.

Even the engine and tranny options are the same in both trucks.... absolutely no difference except how much extra chrome plated plastic people want to pay more for on the GMC.
    I've been saying for years that the Silverado and Sierra are essentially the same truck with some slightly different cosmetic(emblems, sheet metal, rims) features, but the GMC fanboys will argue to the very end that the Sierra is a different animal. The 2014 does ZERO to change that contrary to what the GMC people say.

From what I've been reading, the Sierra will have more STANDARD features than the Silverado, but you'll be able to get the same features on the Silverado with some "package".

Hey, the Sierra has red lighting vs. the Silverado's blue lighting for the instrument cluster and radio section, that's different enough?

I seriously doubt that the Sierra will have different sound proofing over the Silverado.