GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
  1. General Information
    OL' FAITHFUL
    GMC
    K1500
    BLACK
    SLE

In October of 2011 i purchased this 1996 GMC K1500 Sierra Z71. I purchased the truck from a local 94 year old guy who had an interesting to go along with the truck. Back in mid 1995 his daughter had purchased the truck for her husband. When he saw the truck in magazines he had to have one. He wanted the "hot rod" package. For his birthday she ordered him his dream truck. On the factory build sheet she ordered him a 1996 GMC K1500 Z71 SLE black on black equipped with a 5.7 350, 373 rear, 5 speed, and just about every option available at the time. It was his dream truck that was meticulously cared for. Sadly 2 months later he was killed in a construction accident. His wife was certain she wanted to keep the truck and drive it because it was her husbands baby. Not able to drive stick, she took the truck back to GM and had it converted back to automatic and spent 10,000$ on the conversion. once she realized how expensive the gas was she sold it to her father who was in love with the truck. He also flawlessly maintained it. Every morning when the sun was out and the rain was far away he said, i'd pull it out of the garage and take it to mcdonalds and have some food and coffee with my buddies. This truck was never exposed to rain or snow in 16 years. one morning i strolled on down to mcdonalds to get some food and spotted the truck and couldn't help but realize how clean and brand new this thing looked. he even covered the entire interior with bed sheets to protect everything. i offered to buy it off him and said name your price. As he told us the story behind this truck it made me want it that much more. he said 4500 and you take it home. i raced home grabbed the cash and went for it. before i went and picked up he waxed it and cleaned it up which was above and beyond what i was expecting. he kept a little notebook in the glove box with records down to every oil change, tire rotation, and service that was done. he had had many previous offer to sell the truck but refused because he was so emotionally attached to it. He made me promise to him that this truck would always be garage kept and cared for to the best of my ability. when i brought it home i put on the wheels, lights and everything aftermarket you see. He came to my house a week later and couldn't believe how drastically the truck had changed and loved it and offered me 10,000$ to buy it back. i told him i couldn't, that i was now emotionally attached to the truck and loved it. Every once in awhile he will stop at my house to see the truck and hear it run. After installing true dual flowmaster 10's on it he would say let them flowmasters sing! this truck is one of kind and there are very few left out there that were cared for and loved like this thing was.

Comments: 2 / Views: 735

Threaded View