GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 99 silverado fuel pump Qs

is there a way to tell which pump I need with out dropping the tank or lifting the bed? Its calling for a TCF or TCU.

- - - Updated - - -

im asking this because locally they run from $260-320 and online i see them for $150-200 for the same part. I just dont want to do it twice to replace it once

Is that an rpo number? Is that number located on the label in your glove box? From multiple past posts, many people recommend only using a Delphi or AC delco pump. The aftermarket pumps have a poor record.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I would suspect that the pump is based on engine size. I also agree storngly to go with Delco or Delphi for the pump, lest there shall be much sadness later.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

the tCF OR TCU is on all replacement pumps, one has 1 connector and the other has 2

Legend

my guess is you need an MU1613 fuel pump this is the tcf which is a vehicle with fuel tank evap emissions controls.

ALWAYS USE YOUR VIN # TO PURCHASE THE CORRECT FUEL PUMP !

cost for the ac delco / delphi is about $200-250.oo

airtex stay away .

with the pick up remove the bed 8 bolts. use a penitrating oil first. then disconnect the fuel filler. then tilt bed or best remove the bumper to frame bolts. then lift BED up 2 inches to remove bumper . slide bed back about 18 inches for pump access. blow off wash off all debris . spray lube on lock ring then release lock tab and unscrew lock ring. the lines come off easy. the connectors may require replacing to match the new pump. with emissions 2 connectors because on is to the pressure sensor. [fuel cap code p0449]

how do you use you vin number to find a pump?

PM your VIN. I will let you know the GM part #