GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: How many hours?

Default How many hours?

Mine has 206K, and 240 hours.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Internet.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	46663
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 027.jpg  

I have 138,000 miles and 3784.1 hours. yours must be a typo unless you average just under 1,000 miles per hour!

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I have 138,000 miles and 3784.1 hours. yours must be a typo unless you average just under 1,000 miles per hour!
    Ooops! Idk what's wrong cause even if it is 2,400 it doesn't make sense. Was your truck ever a construction truck? Or a work truck?

Quote Originally Posted by DacMan View Post
    Ooops! Idk what's wrong cause even if it is 2,400 it doesn't make sense. Was your truck ever a construction truck? Or a work truck?
    I don't think so! the only reason I say that is because it is to clean to have been. Most Yukon xl / suburbans used as work truck are pretty beat up in the rear cargo area.(plastic scratched, gouged, headliner damage) This one shows no signs of that. I take care of my vehicles and know how bad my work van looked when I was a bricklayer. I bought it used a few months ago. The 03 I had was a fleet truck and had the same amount of miles but more than double the hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I don't think so! the only reason I say that is because it is to clean to have been. Most Yukon xl / suburbans used as work truck are pretty beat up in the rear cargo area.(plastic scratched, gouged, headliner damage) This one shows no signs of that. I take care of my vehicles and know how bad my work van looked when I was a bricklayer. I bought it used a few months ago. The 03 I had was a fleet truck and had the same amount of miles but more than double the hours.
    Yeah I alwasy figured that construction and fleet trucks would have very high hours, those guys are never afraid to leave a truck idle on site for hours to keep the cab warm. I did have my gauge cluster swapped for new by a gm dealership, I wonder if the hours switched over incorrectly.

I don't think it switched over because my truck has a little under 5000 hours(guessing a average speed of 40 over the life of the truck). I have 197550+ miles. The 90's trucks don't have hour clocks so I had to give an educated guess.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

That's weird that it didn't, everything else did. I didn't even know these 2000's could, but I was screwing around figuring out how to reset my oil change light, and stumbled upon how to lookup hours. I feel stupid now not realizing it was wrong lol

Blog Entries

I have 24,000 Kilometeres ( 15,000 miles ) on our 2010 Crew.
    It has about 610 hours on it also. Lucky enough to have small
    car for little jaunts around town/in crappy weather.Brian
    Silverado Crew.....4.8 L

---Pendaliner BoxLiner and Side Rails....Van and Truck World
    ---Reese Adjustable Step Down Trailer Hitch....Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome eyebrow Mirror Covers.... Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome Bowtie 3rd Brake Light Cover....Van and Truck World
    ---DeeZee TailGate Assist ....Van and Truck World ( now Action Car and Truck Accessories )

---Westin Series side steps....Apple Auto Glass
    ---TRIFOLD rear soft Tonneau....Apple Auto Glass

---Chevrolet Bowtie Mudflaps...GM Dealer
    ---GM Rear Wheel Well liners...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Black Tow Hooks w Hloks
    ---GM Chrome Tailgate Handle/matching key-lock....GM Dealer
    ---GM Driver Information Center Upgrade...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Tinted Bug Deflector...GM Dealer
    ---GM Chrome Door Handles....GM Dealer

---Better Built rear hitch step .... Lowe's !!!
    ---AVS Window VentVisors...Canadian Tire
    ---AVS tinted License plate covers....Wal-Mart