GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Bigger tires or paint it black?

Hi, I have a white 08 Crew Cab LS with 17" wheels on it and I want to do something about the fender wells. It really bugs me because all I can see is little tires and a whole lot of white!! I thought about if I spray some black undercoating or just flat black paint it may look better which would be cheaper or maybe go up to 20" rims and tires...but that would cost some big bucks and could make the tranny shift to often from drive to OD like it did my old 94.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

You could always buy some fender liners. GM sells them but maybe you could get them from rockauto cheaper or something.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k8z71 View Post
    You could always buy some fender liners. GM sells them but maybe you could get them from rockauto cheaper or something.
    Thanks, that's a great suggestion I haven't thought about. Maybe some others with white trucks on this body style wil chime in.

I do not have fender liners on my truck but have definitely considered them. I would do the liners before painting the fenders. I would suggest doing the liners and the bigger wheels/tires to fill in the fender. But I never really like the height of the fenders on the NNBS, because like you said the wheel doesnt really fill in the fender.
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Legend

my white 2000 siL has the wheel wells painted with a brush on rust proofing sound reduction product. this is called rusfre comes in a gallon container about 20.00 . you can do 3 vehicles . I have found this to be the best product out there, flexible and sticks good .easy clean up just some mineral spirits paint thinner. thin product before use. thin coats work and are better. I did 3 coats .

I got at my local body shop supplier. also internet it is available. product is stable. lasts in the metal container for years ..

no rust where I used this. the spray cans are poor quality. product cracks and is too brittle after a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyguy69 View Post
    Hi, I have a white 08 Crew Cab LS with 17" wheels on it and I want to do something about the fender wells. It really bugs me because all I can see is little tires and a whole lot of white!! I thought about if I spray some black undercoating or just flat black paint it may look better which would be cheaper or maybe go up to 20" rims and tires...but that would cost some big bucks and could make the tranny shift to often from drive to OD like it did my old 94.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
    My old 2008 LT had factory 17" rims and I ended up putting 20s on it. I had to get a Hyperytech module to tell the computer how tall the new tires were.

While some flat black spray paint would be cheaper, it would wear off quickly. You can get some wheel well liners for that truck for not too much.

http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com...l-Inner-Liners

Now if you could get your wheel wells done up with that spray in bed liner stuff, that should last.

x3 on liners...

Every time I'm walking home from the mail box, coming up on my red '04 Silverado LS, all I see is the frame rails and inner fenders on the bed. Been thinking of painting / using some sort of bed liner / under caot in there ...
    I continue to lie to myself because I'm the only one who still believes me. - Vermin

Quote Originally Posted by 84thProblem View Post
    Every time I'm walking home from the mail box, coming up on my red '04 Silverado LS, all I see is the frame rails and inner fenders on the bed. Been thinking of painting / using some sort of bed liner / under caot in there ...
    I'm glad I'm not the only one!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    My old 2008 LT had factory 17" rims and I ended up putting 20s on it. I had to get a Hyperytech module to tell the computer how tall the new tires were.

While some flat black spray paint would be cheaper, it would wear off quickly. You can get some wheel well liners for that truck for not too much.

http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com...l-Inner-Liners

Now if you could get your wheel wells done up with that spray in bed liner stuff, that should last.
    Thanks, I think I'll go with the liners. If I put on 20" wheels, what does a Hyperytech module cost?

Thanks

I vote for the liners also or just get a black truck next time :D
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00696.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	46532
    2007 Silverado RS, 4.8 V8, 2WD
    Flowmaster Super 44 with turndown
    Black painted front grille & bumper
    Black / red Painted bowties
    Black 18in. Silverado wheels
    Black / Red interior conversion (in process)
    89 Chevy Sport tribute decals

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by