GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: HID headlights

Hybrid View

Default HID headlights

Okay so here's the problem. I just put some Xentec HID fog lights on my truck. I had to rig them in there via apoxing them to the light housing. I put them on connected them to the battery and ballest(I know I can't spell) got going down the road with them and they blew a 15amp fuse so I put a 20 amp fuse in and it blew it right away. Any help on how to fix it?
    LB7|2" lift|20" rockstar xd's|wrangler mud tires|Leer cap|4in turboback|volant CIA|boost increase valve|EFI by DTS|phantom gauges|6 speed ZF-6|solid mass flywheel|ceramic Kevlar clutch|High idle switch|55 gallon in bed fueltank|Edge insight|4 rigid dually|app radio 2|250watt kicker amp an 10" sub

Did you add relays? Did you add the optional power harness that runs directly from the battery to the headlights? That makes it so you only use your stock headlight circuit for the "on" signal for the lights, not running all that power thru it.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)