GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

I like the Sierra redesign more than the Silverado, but the more I stare at the Silverado and think about all that can be done to make it look better, the more I start to like it. I would at least paint the "chrome" around the headlights to match the body color. I do like how they designed the top part of the doors to where they don't curve up and over onto the roof as much as the current ones. That will reduce wind noise, I'm sure. I like how there is a separate button for the cargo light. And as stated above, whats with that wasted space where the nav unit is? They coulda just went wide screen to fill it in.

I think the styling refresh is fine. It's a little more squared off with sharper crease lines which I like. It's a more aggressive look. The only thing I really don't care for is the tailgate. It's too much like the F-150, especially the little spoiler wanna-be thing at the top of the gate.
    Other than that though, not bad. Since it's not repulsive to look at, the real issue will be the ruggedness of the chassis and the powertrain. If those turn out to be powerful, efficient and reliable then they have a hit.
    The Real, Original Tachyon.
    Accept No substitutes!
    - 99 K2500 Suburban with GMPP HT383E Engine, Hypertech Max Energy programmer, JBA 1832S-2 headers, Magnaflow cats and exhaust, K&N Cold Air Intake, Tahoe Sport Grill Swap, Go Industries Rancher Grill Guard, PIAA Driving Lights, Anzio Headlights
    - 88 K1500 Suburban with Targetmaster 350 and built TH700R4 - Gone but not forgotten!

One thing I am surprised about, is the fact that they didn't just drop the V6 Camaro engine in and call it quits for the V6 line. Hopefully that 4.3L they stick in there has enough power to compete with the V6 competition. But GM should of done something more than just 3 n/a engines. If they did a turbo'd engine and intro'd the 8 speed transmissions, then that would of put the EcoBoost F150 to shame. I will probably wait a few years and see what happens before I spend $40k on a truck lol

The headlights look horrible...almost like they just strapped 4, 88-98 headlights together. The grill looks pretty rough. It looks like they're trying to make the half ton look more like HD models. I don't know how I feel about the rear doors on the extended cab yet. The "spoiler" isn't necessary...it's a truck, not a ricer. The instrument cluster leaves some to be desired, but it works... Right now it's not a truck that I'll spend $40-$50K on. Maybe that would change after I drove it.

2008 Ext. Cab Silverado LT1 5.3L 2WD
    APC LED Tail Lights | Spec D Smoked Third LED Brake Light | aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI

Well now I like the Chevy and the GMC looks wrong! Interior looks functional, HID lights are good and the LED lights should make the style conscious people happy!

Quote Originally Posted by reggiecab2000 View Post
    so far 2 things i notice....

FORD instrument cluster...
    DODGE cab style...

hopefully this doesnt make anyone upset but one thing i wish to see on our trucks is something the TOYOTA TUNDRA's have.....
    an entire power rear window... i think its one thing any truck should have an option for, just a neat concept to be able to roll down the whole rear window at your discretion...
    I second this. One of my best friends just got rid of his tundra with the full power rear window. What an awesome feature.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

I like the overall looks but the dash , to me, looks a little messy. I have the 2010 extended cab and I like the way the doors open. You have a lot of room to maneuver items in or out which I think will not be so easy with the rear doors oeneing the same as the front on these new trucks. I like that they are making four wheel discs standard, I always wondered if they just had so many drums left in the stockroom that they kept putting them on the rears of our trucks until now.
    1958 Chevrolet Apache Fleetside Longbed .. 350 with a turbo 350 tranny
    2010 Silverado LTZ 4X4 Z71

Quote Originally Posted by gatormike69 View Post
    I like the overall looks but the dash , to me, looks a little messy. I have the 2010 extended cab and I like the way the doors open. You have a lot of room to maneuver items in or out which I think will not be so easy with the rear doors oeneing the same as the front on these new trucks. I like that they are making four wheel discs standard, I always wondered if they just had so many drums left in the stockroom that they kept putting them on the rears of our trucks until now.
    I do like the way rear doors open. That makes it easier to load groceries and such in the back when angle parking. I had a 2000 GMC ext cab and hated the rear doors, that is why I went with a crew cab on my 2011. I would have preferred the 6 ft bed rather than the little bit of extra interior room.

Quote Originally Posted by gatormike69 View Post
    that is one thing i do not understand... why is it that all the 99-06 trucks seem to have 4-wheel disc brakes but then 07+ gm decided to go front discs and rear drums??? budget cuts maybe? i dont know. never made sense to see a newer truck with a sub par braking system, though im sure drums are way better than they used to be
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

I think that GM is trying too hard to make their trucks look like Fords with the massive chrome grilles and front bumpbers. I have a 2008 Silverado that I like, but I prefer the looks of the pre-2007 models. What happened to the good looks of past GM trucks?