GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default What do you think of the new 2014 Silverado.

I looked at the new 2014 Silverado and I must say I really LOVE the exterior. The 2014 looks to have a very chiseled look to it.

The interior is another story, it looks like the interior size has increased, but I'm still wondering about that dash. Hopefully they gave the back seat a little more leg room.

Blog Entries

I like the box shape, and I am not sure about the leg room you would want.
    We have a Crew Cab---lots of leg room in it (2010). Brian
    Silverado Crew.....4.8 L

---Pendaliner BoxLiner and Side Rails....Van and Truck World
    ---Reese Adjustable Step Down Trailer Hitch....Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome eyebrow Mirror Covers.... Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome Bowtie 3rd Brake Light Cover....Van and Truck World
    ---DeeZee TailGate Assist ....Van and Truck World ( now Action Car and Truck Accessories )

---Westin Series side steps....Apple Auto Glass
    ---TRIFOLD rear soft Tonneau....Apple Auto Glass

---Chevrolet Bowtie Mudflaps...GM Dealer
    ---GM Rear Wheel Well liners...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Black Tow Hooks w Hloks
    ---GM Chrome Tailgate Handle/matching key-lock....GM Dealer
    ---GM Driver Information Center Upgrade...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Tinted Bug Deflector...GM Dealer
    ---GM Chrome Door Handles....GM Dealer

---Better Built rear hitch step .... Lowe's !!!
    ---AVS Window VentVisors...Canadian Tire
    ---AVS tinted License plate covers....Wal-Mart

I think it'll be entirely too expensive to justify buying...

I agree with @SurrealOne. New trucks nowadays are way too expansive for a broke ass college grad like myself.
    -K&N Air Filter

I noticed that on one of the dash pics, they have a light that's dedicated for just the cargo lamp... Wish they woulda done that with the NNBS ones. To me, the Silverado looks really polarizing from the front. Haven't really decided if that is a good thing or not. The Sierra looks better IMO. The dash layout is ergonomically sound, which is what they are going for. But it doesn't seem all that "upscale" on the LTZ models. Maybe I am just used to the "lux dash" they have for the current models lol.

Oh and I agree with Surreal. Gonna be way too much $$ unless you get bare bones W/T model, and even then, I think it'll still cost at least $25k lol. I'll just keep my NNBS and hope like hell that those non hd mirrors swap haha

Jr. Mechanic

Good looking truck. I like the GMC a little more. It has a more upscale look and feel to it. Can't wait to see what they do with the interior of the 2500HD. If it gets the same treatment as its little brother I will definitely be in the market for one.
    2012 Silverado 1500 LT 4X4
    2003 Suburban LT 2500 6.0L
    2004 2500HD Crew Cab LT 4x4 6.0L - SOLD

im not sure yet, im waiting to see a regular cab short box to make my decision.

I like the GMC a lot! I like the LED "Signature lighting". I did not see them on the Chevy. I would have to actually see the GMC in person though, the silver around the lights looks weird. I agree with @SurrealOne , they are going to be spendy. I can't wait to see what the yukon XL looks like. Did they go back to fold flat second row seats? I have seen rumors on the web about a diesel being available for it. After talking with a friend at GM power train he said not to hold my breath. The smaller diesel completed testing a few years ago and is ready to go but, GM does not see it as being in high enough demand. That being said he said that they have surprised him before. I would not buy a truck from the first year of a redesign, they always work most the bugs out by the 2nd or 3rd year. It is not like I would be able to afford a $68,000 vehicle anyway! One can always dream though!
    Last edited by Pikey; 12-15-2012 at 01:36 PM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Both the new GMC and Chevy are sharp lookin, I see they ditched the pre-runner style body lines n went with square fenders again.

watchin the 24 minute video on the other thread, somewhere about halfway thru the camera showed the driverside rear corner for only a couple seconds. I think i saw a step integrated into the corner of the bumper. Avalanche's had these when they first came out. I'd like to see them bring it back so I hope i saw it right.

GMC guys, when are they going to realize that even the 2014 Silverado and Sierra are the same truck besides cosmetics? This will ALWAYS be true.

It does not matter what GM does to the Sierra, the GMC guys will always say:

"The GMC looks better"
    "The GMC is more upscale"

blah, blah, blah.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast